By Idiocracy - 24/04/2009 04:36 - United States

Today, my boss confessed to me that she doesn't know how to change the staples in the staplers at work, so she just switches them when they run out. We work at an office supply store. She makes six figures. I make $10 an hour. And she just got awarded a trip to Aruba for doing a "great job". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 454
You deserved it 3 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I seriously doubt that anyone working at a supply store makes a six figure salary.

i'm sure theres more to the job than things like that

Comments

Typical bureaucracy...this is why our economy sucks...people like that are getting paid to do virtually nothing but bark orders, the people taking the orders, who do the REAL work...get paid crap. Then they fire more little people and make the others do MORE work at the same price, just so the big shots can get bonuses. And who says life is unfair? =D I always thought you could work your way up, and when you're at the bottom of an office store, you kinda should know how to refill a stapler...hmm must've skipped that earn-it-yourself thing...

kel_riv 0

#46: the economy isn't that bad in every single country. I live in canada and basically the only talk I hear about the economy is on late night television. lol @38: that was my exact thought. how ironic, the general manager at Staples not knowing how to change the staples in the stapler.

I am assuming that your boss is there not to sell, but more to order stuff when it runs out, do the accounting and such...

phoenixxrisingxx 0

#18--"Cry moar." maybe Im missing something, but, wtf does moar even mean? ahh. the power of our education system. -_-

There's no way someone who works at an office supply store makes 6 figures.

go to college - be her boss one day and "out" her. she is a stupid twit

wonnybot73 0

wow!!! who do you work for, Paris Hilton?

Gotz_No_Love 1

the small things in life, or the work-place in this case, are often overlooked. they are in fact more impotant the bigger things because they are the fundamental steps to accomplishment.

I never knew office supply bosses make up to $100k a year.

That's the politics of work. The laborers are the ones who the company depends on but the ones on top who just sit around get the reward. My dad's company recently laid off a bunch of people, including him. They cut many senior employees who had higher salaries that they couldn't afford anymore and now a lot of the more experienced workers are gone. The CEO's salary is as high as ever. Now the company is being bought off by a bigger company. Those upper management people would rather see the company fall than cut their own salaries.