By Idiocracy - 24/04/2009 04:36 - United States

Today, my boss confessed to me that she doesn't know how to change the staples in the staplers at work, so she just switches them when they run out. We work at an office supply store. She makes six figures. I make $10 an hour. And she just got awarded a trip to Aruba for doing a "great job". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 454
You deserved it 3 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I seriously doubt that anyone working at a supply store makes a six figure salary.

i'm sure theres more to the job than things like that

Comments

Staple-changing ability doesn't really having any bearing on her ability to her do job. If she can organize and orchestrate her subordinates, this particular detail is irrelevant. Do you suppose the corporate board of Toyota know how to build cars?

so_me_fml 0

I think this one is HIGH-larious. When I read FMLs I like to picture them in my head: Woman in business suit sneaks from her office holding stapler behind her back. She James-Bonds it to the nearest cash register and stealthily switches staplers so that she doesn't have to change her own staples.

JoshBarblahblah 0

You people are all morons. You defend the boss because it's not her job to change staplers....but you fail to understand the point of this post. One would reasonably assume that a grown woman can change a stapler. One would reasonably assume that an office store manager can change a stapler. One would reasonably assume that a woman who makes a large salary can change a stapler. However, I don't buy that an office supply store manager makes 6 figures.

ZiggyMorrison 0

For the love of God I hope you dont work at Staples that would just be too much

#35 (JoshBarblah blah) I don't think anyone is a moron for "missing" the point. And if the point is that a grown woman can't change a stapler, I fail to understand how this is an FML for the OP. Just because the OP knows how to change a stapler and the boss doesn't, does not mean the OP is more qualified to make more than the OP does. It's more embarrassing for the boss to confess this.

Managers are all about kissing ass, people skills, and management skills. One doesn't need the technical background in staplers to have a brown nose.

lol because knowing how to refill a stapler is what she's getting paid for...get over it, she worked her way up the ladder and you're just going to have to deal with it until you do the same. besides, I've always found it fun to refill staplers. and hello, your life is practically like the movie Office Space so just be happy you entertain others.

ok... the details of the story are shady. There is no way that this woman makes 6 figures working at an office supply store unless she is the GM, in which case she wouldn't be the person you report to directly, and she definitely wouldn't be the person changing the staples in all the staplers or vying for rewards trips to aruba. She probably makes somewhere around 15-20 dollars an hour and does a good job, which is why she is going on the vacation not you. plus, certain staplers can be mind-boggling..

she is not paid to know how to put staplers in a stapler, she is paid to make sure you know how to and that you do it.