By Idiocracy - 24/04/2009 04:36 - United States

Today, my boss confessed to me that she doesn't know how to change the staples in the staplers at work, so she just switches them when they run out. We work at an office supply store. She makes six figures. I make $10 an hour. And she just got awarded a trip to Aruba for doing a "great job". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 454
You deserved it 3 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I seriously doubt that anyone working at a supply store makes a six figure salary.

i'm sure theres more to the job than things like that

Comments

Your company isn't paying people big bucks to know how to change staples in staplers. Her skills are much more valuable than that. Get over yourself.

pierrette_fml 0

Look at it the other way around. Your knowledge of how to change staples may be basic, but it's utterly insignificant.

frozen_heart 0

one reason why someone is a manager...they're not smart enough to be a regular employee

rakhil11 7

XD so_me!!! and swy but who cares? (although, yes, this is a fairly simple skill that would take her all of 2 seconds 2 learn)

this is the truth in every job..the more you make the less you do

it would be really funny if you work at staples...

#4 is so right. Isn't it weird how that works? It's the same at my job and it makes me so frustrated I want to shoot myself at times.

It's obvious by the comments who is destined to clean the fryers at McDonald's and which ones aren't. Those of you at the bottom of the totem pole are just so convinced that you're smarter than you're boss that you can't even imagine how they tie their shoes in the morning. Multi-million dollar companies don't hand over a set of keys and a warehouse full of inventory to an 18 year old know-it-all. Somewhere along the line, someone put that sense of entitlement into your noggin and that didn't do you any favors. Pay your dues and prove your worth before thinking you're even close to being ready for that trip to Aruba. Just because you know how to take the cover off of the stapler doesn't make you ready to be the regional manager of an international corporation.