By Anonymous - 14/12/2014 11:55 - Australia

Today, it's been months since I dropped out of college to escape constantly being bullied and being miserable. Ever since then, I've been having recurring nightmares with the same people bullying me, after which I wake up crying and feeling miserable. My brain is a douchebag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 603
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

Talking about it to someone you trust will help you and your brain cope with your past experiences. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Garnetshaddow 30

Bullying is a hard experience to go through. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts. Maybe consider going to therapy to cope with the stress? Good luck. I hope you can go back to college and do whatever you want to do.

Comments

Geckosrock99 33

Reminds me of when I was bullied back in elementry school. There were two of them. They bullied me everyday and adults wouldn't do anything about it because it was verbal. One day, I had enough and I banged their heads together. I got suspended and put on Aderall (ADHD medication) for four years. The bullies left me alone all the way through high school, but now I'm pretty anti-social. Choose the method to get rid of you bullies wisely. It might bite you in the ass later on.

#63: Sorry to hear that; sounds like you got a shit deal from some incompetent administrators.

Geckosrock99 33

Yeah. That school was full of lazy teachers and administers. I was seven and the new kid at the time. This happened a few weeks to a month of transfering into that school. I'm now 21 and it's pretty hard to just be myself. I just shut down and only speak when spoken to.

Chelserser 20

That's really terrible. As a lot of others said, you should try to find someone to confide in. Stay strong OP, you can overcome it.

jazzlejay 8

I know how you feel, similar thing happened to me and I suffered with nightmares for years

You'd think that by college that kind of stuff would ease up as people mature. Some people are just too damaged I suppose. :( I agree with talking to someone, be it a trusted friend/family member or maybe even a therapist. I was bullied horribly when I was younger, to the point someone tried to catch me on fire (charges were pressed). I think about it every now and then and hate being reminded of him but I deal. It definitely shaped the person I became, but instead of letting it destroy me I used it as motivation to go back to school. I'm working on my B. Sc. in Psychology. Work through this, hold tight and later on, use it. *******/dating my bully's best friend years later helped too. lawl. (Hey, nobodys perfect.)

OP, why let others affect the way you feel, or stop from doing something? I'm sorry but I feel like this is a YDI. This isn't worth quitting over. Yes, I know what bullying is like, I took it from kindergarten to Highschool, and from my parents. I just believed that I was stronger than that, as much as they hurt me, I knew nothing they said was true. That I wouldn't accept the shit they said as my reality. You stand up and prove to them and yourself that they're wrong. Quitting is just a way of running away from your problems, one day you will have to face them.

#72: Bullying is harassment, and harassment has be recognized as a criminal offense for decades. Blaming the victim doesn't help anything.

Bullies in college?? Do you mean high school?

Your brain is not a douche. It's trying to make you realize you'll regret forever not staying in college

#76: Bullshit. OP is taking a stress break, but that hardly means that he/she can't go back to education when ready.

Don't ruin your working and economic future by dropping out because of those assholes...