By Anonymous - 14/12/2014 11:55 - Australia

Today, it's been months since I dropped out of college to escape constantly being bullied and being miserable. Ever since then, I've been having recurring nightmares with the same people bullying me, after which I wake up crying and feeling miserable. My brain is a douchebag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 603
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

Talking about it to someone you trust will help you and your brain cope with your past experiences. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Garnetshaddow 30

Bullying is a hard experience to go through. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts. Maybe consider going to therapy to cope with the stress? Good luck. I hope you can go back to college and do whatever you want to do.

Comments

I'm wondering if that is a symptom of post traumatic stress disorder?

so you ****** over your education instead of growing a backbone, and developing thick skin? Good call.

#80: What has the OP ****** over? OP made a decision to take a break for his/her mental health. College will still be there when OP is ready. Also, fun fact: the fastest-growing job prospects are mostly not college programs; OP could choose to have a really satisfying and lucrative career in the trades. Plumber, carpenter, electrician, and millwright are just a few of the options available, and none of those industries are at risk of becoming obsolete.

kellyem2 20

Your body is still processing the stress. Try finding a support group. Talking it out might help.

I am so sorry to hear that OP, I was bullied for a long, long time. People don't realise how awful it is. It isn't a case of "growing a backbone" as some douchebags think. If it is any consolation you will get over it one day and it will make you stronger.

Grow a pair nut up and shut up. I was bullied from kindergarten till high school graduation and you know what I ignored them. You gave them all the power by being a little b**ch and not standing up for yourself. And you want to talk about nightmares Try seeing one of your friends killed in combat.

Wow, you're so sensitive and helpful :) Seriously though, even if you do ignore them, a lot of people can't just stop it from bothering them. That really isn't how the brain works. Also, just because you may have gone through something terrible, that doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to feel upset about what's happened to *them*. You sound incredibly selfish, not to mention ignorant.

OP, this practically sounds like PTSD. Talk to a therapist, then possibly your school. Then possibly a lawyer, so the lawyer can talk to the school about the emotionally damaging environment it created for you.

That's terrible :( And to all the people saying to grow up/they were bullied too, STFU. Some people handle things differently, and you don't know exactly what the bullying entailed. Try going to some counselling OP? It personally never worked for me, but I know lots of people that counselling has been really helpful for. GL

No, you're just a pussy. It's college, you can hide anywhere.

We obviously don't know the degree to which the bullying took place, and the people who are telling you to "grow a backbone" are assholes. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and tell you how they think you should live your life, it's easy for anyone who's not you to tell you how to live your life because they're not inside your thoughts or feelings. What one person experiences and processes isn't the same for another. The fact that you're having dreams and you're waking up feeling so miserable? Have you spoken to anyone? Are you still technically registered in school? Usually schools have counselors that you can talk to. If not, you should look into counseling to maybe process and find some coping skills. Good luck!