By Anonymous - 14/12/2014 11:55 - Australia

Today, it's been months since I dropped out of college to escape constantly being bullied and being miserable. Ever since then, I've been having recurring nightmares with the same people bullying me, after which I wake up crying and feeling miserable. My brain is a douchebag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 603
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

Talking about it to someone you trust will help you and your brain cope with your past experiences. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Garnetshaddow 30

Bullying is a hard experience to go through. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts. Maybe consider going to therapy to cope with the stress? Good luck. I hope you can go back to college and do whatever you want to do.

Comments

Bullied in college?! I believe you but I am surprised. I've attended 3 colleges in my life and haven't seen any bullying. Usually bullying ends in grade school. I'm unsure about AU but in some states like in California mental health is covered with your tuition to help you.

Garnetshaddow 30

I was bullied pretty solidly from preschool all the way up to my first few years at two year college. I eventually changed campuses to get away from them all. I was lucky I had the choice, even though the drive was terrible. I solved that problem in 4 year college by always wearing headphones and never talking to people unless I absolutely had to. I'm still bullied at work, but that's another problem. It does sound like I'm exaggerating, but there's always that one person who isn't liked because of being socially awkward. That's me.

I can definetly see it happening to someone, but I'm still surprised. I rarely had the same people in my classes for more than a semester or two at the early stages so I would assume the bullying would end when the semester ended.

Garnetshaddow 30

Some people are much harder to shake off. In two year college, it was a small school. It was much less people I had classes with than people from the common area. A lot of people knew each other... and falling out of favor with the clique had some nasty consequences. In four year school, I did actually have classes with the same people. Upper division was again a smaller community and I saw a lot of people in the same classes. Particularly the more popular ones because it tended to be people from one or the other of my fields of study. I just never talked to them because I know better.

Notverycreeative 13

over come it. go to a different college, make different friends and keep out of those types of situations.

WasabiMars 21

If I was being bullied I'd get one of those spy camera eyeglasses (I recommend the Pivothead brand because it records in 1080p.. and yes it's on amazon) so that I have proof of being a victim. I would then present the evidence on public social media and the school administration. Be strong and fight back OP because if you don't, they'll never stop.

you are not fighting... the first thing to stop bullying is to speak about it... I understand it haunts you...but you can't let that drag you down for the rest of your life... screw the bullies... live the life your way..

I'm so sorry people are dush bags and feel so insecure about themselves they bullied you to feel better.Try to talk to the school councilor and explain the situation. If it is any kind of decent school they will take action against those that harmed you and u might be able to go back or get a refund for tuition to go to another college.

why ruin your life for dumb people. go back to college and become something. and show them who's better

Bullies at college. That's ridiculous. Definitely seek to press charges or file a lawsuit. By college age they should have a little more maturity. So sorry for your pain but you can't jeopardize your future because of some assholes.

Bullying is a hard experience, I still bear the psychological scars from childhood abuse from my Father where he was a violent bully. Talking to someone can help, maybe look into online support groups? That way you don't have to talk to someone face-to-face, you can be in the comfort of your room behind a computer screen where you'll feel safer as you're in your own environment. Also, I'm very certain us FML members will be happy to lend an ear if you want to talk. I'm happy to listen, so if you ever wanna talk to someone who won't judge and understands and can empathise, I'm happy to help if I can in any way.

Work thru it lad. The only way is up. Bully back with success.