By Anonymous - 14/12/2014 11:55 - Australia

Today, it's been months since I dropped out of college to escape constantly being bullied and being miserable. Ever since then, I've been having recurring nightmares with the same people bullying me, after which I wake up crying and feeling miserable. My brain is a douchebag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 603
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

Talking about it to someone you trust will help you and your brain cope with your past experiences. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Garnetshaddow 30

Bullying is a hard experience to go through. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts. Maybe consider going to therapy to cope with the stress? Good luck. I hope you can go back to college and do whatever you want to do.

Comments

I am sorry for all the assholes that ruined your experience for collage. **** em and keep on being awesome OP.

If you threw away your tuition and your future because of some hurt feelings, you really need to grow up. Are you going to quit your job every time a coworker says something you don't like? You can't expect the whole world to tiptoe around you. Thicken your skin and move on.

We don't know how serious this bullying was, or how serious the impact on OP was. Relentless tormenting, day in day out, is very difficult for a lot of people to just "move on" from. It can lead to problems like anxiety and depression, which are really hard to overcome. Telling someone to just "grow up" is not helpful.

Adding to what #116 said is that if the person ALREADY has some form of mood or personality disorder or even other disorders, it's really not easy to overcome even if there's no physical bullying involved (which we don't know for sure).

Exactly and to be honest a lot of bullying can be seen as abuse. Would you tell someone who was being abused to just ignore it and criticise them for getting out of there even if staying in that situation might have meant more money/security?? I hope you would have told them to do what was best for them, that college isn't going anywhere and that they need to look after their mental health before anything else. Bullying is abuse in my opinion.

jawarston 24

Why don't you change schools. college in Australia must suck because I know the two schools I have been going to everyone leaves each other a lone.

Aw OP, this is so sad. You dropped out because of bullies, I can't believe people can still be so mean and inconsiderate. I hope you know that not everyone is an insecure ****** up asshole. If you need a friend to talk to, let me know and i'll send you my email address. Hang in there, scar tissue is stronger than intact tissue :)

fare5600 4

Same thing happened to me, I just went to the gym. Didn't get much bigger but it built up a TON of confidence.

Dikfitzwel 2

You need to get over being bullied. Everyone is bullied in some form at some point in their life. Wallowing in self pity isn't going to do anything for you. Go back to college, and get your education. Be yourself without giving a shit who says what about you.