By Anonymous - 14/12/2014 11:55 - Australia

Today, it's been months since I dropped out of college to escape constantly being bullied and being miserable. Ever since then, I've been having recurring nightmares with the same people bullying me, after which I wake up crying and feeling miserable. My brain is a douchebag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 602
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

Talking about it to someone you trust will help you and your brain cope with your past experiences. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Garnetshaddow 30

Bullying is a hard experience to go through. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts. Maybe consider going to therapy to cope with the stress? Good luck. I hope you can go back to college and do whatever you want to do.

Comments

I hate bullies. I'm so sorry you had to drop out of school. Things must have been bad for you to make that decision. I'm wondering if you suffer panic or anxiety attacks, paranoia, or hyper vigilance. The nightmares make it sound like possible PTSD. I really think you should seek therapy. Trust me I know all to well what the nightmares are like.

OP, there will always be bullies in life. There will always be assholes and bitches that try to make your life miserable. Running away from the situation completely is never a really good answer because you're letting them win. You're allowing them to completely control your life. You won't ever be happy running away from people like that all the time. You have to learn how to stand up for yourself and to roll with the punches life throws at you. It may be harsh advice, but you have to be able to deal with people like that. It is part of growing up and learning how to act like an adult. Go to therapy, learn how to cope, learn how to be able to stand up for yourself, and go back to school. You wanted to go to college for some reason. You need to follow through and not let people like that affect you that much.

Bullying can be really hard to deal with and if it's that bad that you even dream about it, it's a good idea to talk to someone about it. Whether it is someone you know and trust or a therapist. I hope you'll be able to go to school again soon and learn how to stand up for yourself.

I'm so sorry op maybe you can transfer to another college even though I know it would be hard but its not your fault people these days are cruel and love to make people feel worse about themselves and just know they're not worth it at all! goodluck

You should press charges against those people. You are entitled to a good learning environment. You shouldn't have to drop out of college because of some assholes. Go to the dean of students and speak to them about it. You can get help from the school. And if they don't help, I'd go to the police. And you might be entitled to reimbursement from the school.

imagineapc 11

If OP willingly dropped their classes, they're not likely to get a refund. College doesn't exactly provide the same sort of hand-held environment as high school, and generally requires students to practice personal responsibility.

mcaisse77 17

Actually, since OP is Australian, college means high school.

Uh no, in Australia college likely means either a government funded/subsidised college such as TAFE or a private college. We don't refer to high school as college.

awww hunnie bullys are just cowards . I hope your nightmares stop

when I got sick of being bullied I fought back and that helped me so why don't you fight back by thinking about good things that has happened in your pass that might help with your horrible dreams etc also do online schooling

I was bullied all through school. I still remember everything from grade 1 on. It really does suck. Seriously though, OP, I hope things get better for you.

XBurytheCastleX 25

From experience, the best thing to do is to tell the parents or the police... I ended up with my bully being slapped in the face by her grandmother. It's worth a shot.