By Anonymous - 01/03/2014 18:46 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went on a date with a girl my friend set me up with. I thought we got along great, until after dessert, when I asked if she'd be interested in doing this again. She just said, "Nahhh" then got up and casually left, stiffing me on the bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 523
You deserved it 5 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

Comments

If you expected her to pay you should have been clear about it upfront and if you were then she was rude indeed but if you weren't then suck it up and move on already.

What kinda guy complains about being stiffed on a date. Thats why she said no.

I hate when someone deletes their comment and you lose a whole thread.

maggiefox 25

She sounds like a civilized and educated person...

You know the struggle is real when you just go on dates for food.

Don't worry, she obviously isn't that great anyways :)

Looks like she won't be the last either...

i think at least she's honest about it. she could've string you alone and get more from you. she went on a date with you, at least you can do is pay for it.

TallMist 32

Yeah, no. If I go out with somebody and the bill comes, I expect an offer from the date to pay at least SOMETHING for it. A penny, a dime, anything. Of course I'd hold up my end. But if you think that, because I am a guy, that I have to pay the ENTIRE bill, then no... Of course I have to actually get to go on a date first...

I can't believe people are commenting as if this is acceptable behaviour!! Obviously she doesn't HAVE to date him or agree to a second date, or even pay if it's been agreed, but it's incredibly rude to end a date so abruptly, bluntly and leave assuming your date will pay. You can be honest and tell someone you don't want to see them again without being rude.