Cake, eating it…

By Go_There - 26/10/2020 02:01 - United States - Madison

Spicy
Today, I'm in an open marriage and had to admit to myself that I caught feels for my "friend with benefits" who was only interested in the "benefits" part and I had to break it off. I already miss the sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 420
You deserved it 1 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised... a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed but free to explore extramarital encounters. Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people? Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but... but it might work for us. (Arrested Development)

Where are you pulling these stats from? Any sources to back this up?

Comments

Sounds like you crossed the line with the "friends with benefits" deal. Not many people can pull it off.

Marcella1016 31

Sounds like he had his cake and ate it too. And then got sick of the flavor. FYL op. And tbh, maybe you should have broken things off when you realized you were developing feelings. You need to be responsible if you want these types of arrangements to work. Edit - typos

I don't think he got sick of the flavor, but he didn't want to tell the cake she'd be the only cake he'd ever eat forever. Disconnecting sex from feelings is not easy for most people to pull off.

Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised... a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed but free to explore extramarital encounters. Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people? Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but... but it might work for us. (Arrested Development)

🤦‍♂️Umm ok like I've said on here before statistically speaking open marriages are a horrible idea.95% will fail they will end in divorce(if you're lucky), prison or death but most likely statistically speaking you'll end up dead and your husband or lover will be in prison. Get your head out of your ass and grow up open relationship's rarely ever work in the long term. I can guarantee with about 95% accuracy it will eventually end very badly.

Where are you pulling these stats from? Any sources to back this up?

even if they were legit, that wouldn't be an argument. open relationships don't end in murder most of the time, and a lot of people are willing to risk divorce. especially since one of the parties still remains in the new relationship.

okay, I made an account just to say this, but I had to put in my two cents on open marriages. while it is true that polyamory is difficult to pull off, it is absolutely possible for couples to do it and not have problems. my parents are poly (and many of their friends are as well), and two of my best friends are poly. there is nothing wrong with polyamory, don't let anyone tell you different. imo, your mistake was having an fwb, which more often ends badly. I've done that and, in the end, those relationships didn't work out. feelings almost always happen. if your friend only wanted sex and no feelings, let them go. find someone who either wants both or is okay with both happening, or maybe don't be polyamorous (or polygamous). these kinds of things can be very difficult to navigate, but if you want to talk, I'll be here. I hope you can figure things out.