By Anonymous - 01/03/2014 18:46 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went on a date with a girl my friend set me up with. I thought we got along great, until after dessert, when I asked if she'd be interested in doing this again. She just said, "Nahhh" then got up and casually left, stiffing me on the bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 523
You deserved it 5 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

Comments

knotcool 15

To all the YDI comments, the reason men paid for dates, was because men were the ones who were allowed to have jobs, and it was a sign that he could support her. We now live in a society where we all are expected to get jobs, so we should all expect to pay for things. The social expectation that I pay for you, when I can barely afford to support myself, with my temporary, minimum wage job, is outdated, short sighted, selfish, and rude. So in your mind, men just need to "man up" and front the cash for your self entitled ass? What, in your mind, am I getting in return? Your company? And if so, is my company worth nothing? If you think so, your not worth it, in my eyes.

I work and have supported men I have dated before. I am not self entitled. I realise that society has changed and yes women can work now. But it's still chivalry is dead long dead. I was raised very old school and think that many of today's society need to take a page from the old school ways. Be a gentleman and pay for the damn meal if you ask a lady out and if you can't afford to take a lady out don't ask her. Or hell take her somewhere freeeee. I.e a park. I am not saying you have to pay for anything. But if you ask her to go on a date with you. I don't think it should be outlandish thought if she thinks you'll pay.

There are far too many stupid dating trends that people blindly follow, simply because that is always the way it has been done.

#123 She was a bitch. It's completely different. The second she does that, lol where's the relationship? She doesn't want it.

Good thing i live in a Country were you can only be made responsible for the stuff you eat. I would have paid my food and give the Restaurant all data i have on her so they can get her for diner dashing. Unless i agreed to pay for her in beforehand of course.

Goblin182 26

It was a bitch move, totaly rude, even if she didn't want to go out with you again. On the other hand, you were probably hoping to stiff her.

BromineAddict 7

dude even on a bad date THE GUY PAYS! Guys don't get stiffed on the bill on dates.

Could it be there are few good men. Lmao. Thumbs up

What a bitch she probably wasn't even into you that gold digger

YDI only because I'm calling shinanigans on your story, if the date was "going great" why would you ask her out again before dinner was over

TcheQ 12

What type of prime retard takes someone they've never met to dinner.

VieSalle 2

meh... lesson learned. For first date, meet in a place that dont cost a thing...

kingdomgirl94 29

then why'd you comment? hmmm...