By Anonymous - 01/03/2014 18:46 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went on a date with a girl my friend set me up with. I thought we got along great, until after dessert, when I asked if she'd be interested in doing this again. She just said, "Nahhh" then got up and casually left, stiffing me on the bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 523
You deserved it 5 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

Comments

What the hell 32? 'Hardwired into our DNA?' Are you nuts? Not every woman wants to be a stay at home mom and not every man wants to be some woman's personal ATM machine. You also forgot about the gay people so not everything is done with the goal of procreation in mind. Why should chivalry still exist? Treat anyone nice, be they man or woman; you shouldn't get preferential treatment just because of your sex. Being a woman is no reason for a man to pay for their food just like being a man is no reason for a woman to do anything for him.

Send her an invoice with her half of the bill. And a surcharge for being a bitch.

Hey, on the bright side you now can take other girls on date.

FYL for her being a bitch...but YDI for the paying thing. As a guy who's been there, just take it as a life lesson and move on.

So, you were expecting OP to get up as well, leaving the bill unpaid? That would make things worse. She left him there. What else could he have done?

No no. I expect him to pay and take it as a life lesson. :)

On the brightside, you definitely dodged a bullet.

"So you wanna do this again sometime, or nahhh?"

jaellin 18

Why is everyone hating on the date? Kinda sucks for you op, but you asked and she answered honestly. Would you rather her politely keep dating you forever?

Because she didn't have to be so rude about it? She didn't have to end the date so abruptly? She didn't have to assume OP would pay for her? She could have said 'sorry I don't think that would be a good idea' or 'no thanks, I don't think it would work out', split the bill and left. Clear she doesn't want to see him again but not being a dick about it.

damnit1989 16

Are you the date?!?! Looks like guilt has you defensive..... Hahahahaha

I hate when people say shit like that. "No I'm not being a bitch/dick, I'm only being real." No, asshole, you're being a bitch/dick. You don't have to act like that to be honest or truthful; it seems that people just use that a really shitty excuse to be rude when they feel like it.

jaellin 18

She was obviously unimpressed and he obviously missed the signs. She *could* have been a huge bitch and said a lot of really mean, hurtful things about what she thought of op and his cluelessness. She said no and left after dinner AND dessert.

bluucat 17

What a rude bitch. You don't need that kind of girl OP.