By Anonymous - 06/04/2009 19:08 - United States

Today, I was on my way to meet some friends for lunch. As I was parking, one of their cell phones accidentally called mine. As I walked to the restaurant, I listened in as some of my best friends discussed all the things they hate about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 88 158
You deserved it 5 114

lespaul_fml tells us more.

I posted this FML and just wanted to say that A) I am, in fact, a guy and these are guy friends B) The phone was on the table, not in a pocket. C) one of them literally is my best friend for the past 4 years and D) one of them came over later on that day and we had a long talk about it and mended things up.

Top comments

Something similar happened to me once. My mother took a road trip with some of her friends and her cellphone accidentally called mine. I got to hear all about how her life would have been so much better if she'd never had me. Trust me; it gets better after a while. You're luckier, though: You can easily distance yourself from those so-called "friends."

Comments

jaimesmiles 0

#12, youre such a douche bag. do YOU even have friends? hahaha these are not real friends. im sorry :/

Damn, but honestly we all do it maybe not to that extent but can you swear that you havnt? And Revenge is such a nice thing. Make sure they know it was you too. ~Forsythe~

Ngood7 0

Well, at least now you know, and you can get better friends...

Get better friends. Or stop being a douche. The choice is yours.

Hahahaha only shitty thing for you #7 is that this person can choose their friends.. you're stuck with that mom for the rest of your life. One that apparently didn't want you.. that's a rough one.

Have you never gossiped or bitched about any of your friends? Were any of their comments deserved? Look on the positive side: either you've learned some things you could improve about yourself, even though your friends weren't comfortable telling you to your face; or you've learned some things about your friends, and whether you should regard them as best friends. A tough way to find out - but then I've not experienced any particularly easy ways.

People always do that, usually are more mean than what thy actually mean. Everyone here has a friend that has flaws, everyone does, and we all notice it.

thereitgo 1

haha i've been in a similar situation. i was talking to two people on AIM, having light conservation with each when one says the other one told him he doesn't like me. what was i supposed to do, confront him about it? you don't say "i heard you don't like me." when you're getting along well randomly.

crazy_cat_lady 0

I hope you ate a lot of expensive food, had $10 martinis, and then ditched them before the check came.

karma just kicked them both in the ass. really, really hard. lol. I hope you called them on it and said "You know, I really would have liked to hear this from you TO MY FACE instead of from a pocket call. Good to know my best friends are backstabbing shit-talkers." I wouldn't ditch them as friends if I were you, but I'd definitely let them know that you don't appreciate being talked about behind your back like that.