Freaked out

By CriminalMistake - 04/05/2009 05:08 - United States

Today, I was leaving a campus parking garage. Suddenly, a huge man appeared behind me and kept saying "HEY!" "STOP!" In a gruff voice. I picked up my pace and so did he. I finally turned to him with a can of mace and threatened to use it. He was trying to return the $5 bill I dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 661
You deserved it 63 197

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, I noticed someone leaving the parking garage. She dropped a 5-dollar-bill. I picked it up and tried to return it to her, but when I caught up to her, she turned around and threatened to spray me with mace. FML.

lol at #2 But yeah I once saw an old man drop his glasses without realising, so being a good citizen, I picked them up and ran after him. I got punched by a passer-by who thought I was trying to jump the old man. FML

Comments

Better safe than sorry I guess! He should have waved the bill around!

I am so glad I don't live in the states, every FML that says somebody is doing a normal gesture ends up being attacked or something, the states need to learn how to become more civil.

im glad you live in canada because we dont need more twits like you. so stfu, kay ? thanks(:

110- A guy was crazily yelling at someone. You'd drive off just as fast. So shut up.

Luunatic 13

What is she didn't turn around?

Today, I noticed someone leaving the parking garage. She dropped a 5-dollar-bill. I picked it up and tried to return it to her, but when I caught up to her, she turned around and threatened to spray me with mace. FML.

I was going to say that someone was Probabbly going to write about almost getting maced returning someone's money. Had a feeling someone would beat me to it.

loveyababe 0

well THAT sucks. but hahahahaha #2 its true the guy must've been totally taken off gurard. "hey miss! you dropped.." "eat mace, fool!"

NoBounceNoPlay 0

I guess he could've said, "Hey, you dropped something!" Still, I think people are overly paranoid these days. Not everyone's out to get you. lol

Why are people so goddamn mistrusting these days? Are you that much of a paranoid bitch that you can't turn around for 2 seconds to see what he wanted? Come on!

I used to be a super trusting person and people abused it. Now I have a lot more problems trusting people. It's not paranoia, it's protection and learning from mistakes. I'm glad you've had the pleasure of safety but unfortunately not everyone gets that basic human right :(

lol at #2 But yeah I once saw an old man drop his glasses without realising, so being a good citizen, I picked them up and ran after him. I got punched by a passer-by who thought I was trying to jump the old man. FML

acro_actress95 0

See if someone was chasing me I wouldn't have stopped but if I did I would probably have just kicked them anyways so your smarter than me for actually giving him a chance to say that he was giving you your five bucks back. You don't deserve it in my opinion because you really can't trust anyone in todays society.

Aflacduck 0

YDI. Not every man is trying to get into your pants, you could have taken the three seconds it takes to turn and notice what he was saying.

I wanna get into her pants MMMMMM delicious!

when someone gets attacked by a dog and thus becomes afraid of all dogs no one bats an eye. when someone gets attacked by a man and becomes afraid of all men they get bombarded with 'stop being so paranoid, not every man is out to get you' it's perfectly understandable as to why OP was scared of the guy, you never know if they plan to mug you, or do something like returning a lost item. if I were walking alone and someone yelled at me to stop I'd have done the same thing unless they told me I've dropped something.

Had I been the guy, seeing the mace, I would've said to myself, "Screw this, I'm keepin' them $5." Jesus, must everybody whip-out their little aerosols and tasers every time a man you don't know gets within 5 feet of you? Now if he's gagging you with a chloroform-soaked rag, I can understand...

If he's gagging you with a chloroform soaked rag it's probably already too late.

At least he had the decency to return it.