By pohoon - 09/03/2016 19:40 - United States

Today, my alarm clock, which was set to play a certain radio station didn't go off. Turns out, yesterday was their 10th anniversary and also the end of their station. I didn't wake up to the white noise until 9. The interview I had spent 3 months preparing for was at 7. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 949
You deserved it 4 281

pohoon tells us more.

Hey! I usually wake up quite early, but I ended up staying up till 11 since I got really nervous. It was my dream job and I messed it up pretty badly. Luckily, they contacted me a week later to reschedule after I embarrassingly told them the honest truth.

Top comments

I agree with #1 and #3 - something that important warrants a radio, a clock, a watch, and a phone call from your mum at 6am sharp! Did your prospective employer let you have another interview, OP?

Comments

Might want to settle for regular alarms, just to be safe.

I gotta say OP, this is a true FYL if there ever was one. Be extra cautious next time. Always have a backup alarm on a separate device if you really can't afford to be late.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
pandainspandex 19

I don't get the downvotes. Yeah, OP should have set more alarms. But we don't know OP's situation. Is OP so poor that's the only clock they have? Does OP have a cell phone? We don't know these things. It's definitely a freak occurrence and I think if OP hasn't called already, they should try to get the interview rescheduled. I'm a manager and I would Google the station, see OP isn't lying, and let them come in again.

valid point. also unsure why the down-voting. its almost like most people on this app are illiterate.

Have you *tried* moderating submissions? I won't go to downright illiterate, but it saddens me the number of high-school posts with many or all of the traditional grammar fails. (not to mention that even though it says "...always starts with Today and ends with FML.", the quantity that fail either or both is well over 50%, being generous)

I agree with #1 and #3 - something that important warrants a radio, a clock, a watch, and a phone call from your mum at 6am sharp! Did your prospective employer let you have another interview, OP?

There used to be a 900 service that will call you at whatever time you specify for $3; I'm pretty sure they're still in service (or something similar). I give my wife smelling salts to use on me if I have an interview.

Set 2 alarm clocks , or even 3 if you need them, when you know you have a job interview or a big day coming.

People who want to see if you can be punctual in the morning.

Hey! I usually wake up quite early, but I ended up staying up till 11 since I got really nervous. It was my dream job and I messed it up pretty badly. Luckily, they contacted me a week later to reschedule after I embarrassingly told them the honest truth.

That's very fortunate OP! I hope the interviewer had a laugh about it :)

Assuming you're still waiting to hear back, good luck!

Regardless of additional alarm clocks... That's a ridiculous coincidence

scottishoatmeal 22

Ah shit.. Hope you get it rescheduled OP, and good luck

I seriously hope you get to reschedule it! Next time as a safety measure, please set a second alarm that doesn't involve a radio station.