By Anonymous - 06/04/2009 19:08 - United States

Today, I was on my way to meet some friends for lunch. As I was parking, one of their cell phones accidentally called mine. As I walked to the restaurant, I listened in as some of my best friends discussed all the things they hate about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 88 158
You deserved it 5 114

lespaul_fml tells us more.

I posted this FML and just wanted to say that A) I am, in fact, a guy and these are guy friends B) The phone was on the table, not in a pocket. C) one of them literally is my best friend for the past 4 years and D) one of them came over later on that day and we had a long talk about it and mended things up.

Top comments

Something similar happened to me once. My mother took a road trip with some of her friends and her cellphone accidentally called mine. I got to hear all about how her life would have been so much better if she'd never had me. Trust me; it gets better after a while. You're luckier, though: You can easily distance yourself from those so-called "friends."

Comments

TryToBeKind 0

I would SO call them on it. I'd advise you to target the most timid, easy-to-embarrass person and make them look as stupid as possible. Then, target them where they're alone but very public, really shame the shit out of them. Then, stop associating with them (sorry you wasted your time with douche-bags).

perfectwinds 0

Yea, mine phone called my ex once right when I was talking about him. Luckily, it was before we broke up and I was talking about how great the sex was, but it still happens. I had one phone that was literally POSSESSED and called whoever it wanted whenever it wanted. Whether I called that person today, yesterday, or a MONTH ago. Or never.. Didn't matter. If you were in my phone you were a target.

I hope that when you got to lunch you exaggerated all the features about you that they hate, and then never called them/answered their calls again. Maybe I don't hold all my friendships close enough to my heart, because with most people (sauve the closest of my friends - since you said "some" of your best friends, thankfully it's not all the important people in your life who feel this way about you) I just think that would be kind of fun, reason to act like as much as a douche as possible for a day.

for all the "everyone does that" umm.. no they don't. that's juvenile, if you don't like a person so much that you have to talk about them behind his back, don't hang out with them. but i guess if everyone had sense enough to do that we would be able to say "OMG!!! FRIENEMIES!!!"

FRIENEMIES!!! like omahgah! (sorry, the dumb people saying "everyone does it" make me feel like i'm reading the diary of a twelve year old girl)

Banthestrandland 0

Personally, I'd love to get that kind of inside look at what my friends think about me, even if it were horrible. I'd have a better idea of how to **** with them to no end.

meaganwas 0

I posted this FML and just wanted to say that A) I am, in fact, a guy and these are guy friends B) The phone was on the table, not in a pocket. C) one of them literally is my best friend for the past 4 years and D) one of them came over later on that day and we had a long talk about it and mended things up.

Hey LesPaul. I say **** them, you shoulda sat down, accentuated all the things they hated about you. Ordered the most expensive thing on the menu including numerous drinks (if you drink), then when asking for the check say "Hey Assholes, enjoy the check, I heard everything you said, annnd feel free to go **** yourselves...PEACE" ....

doing that would make you look like a dumbshit kid trying to look badass or cool.