By JennaMarie - 26/07/2009 15:16 - United States

Today, I was in the car with my husband complaining about the way I look. His response, "Babe, if I cared about the way you looked I wouldnt have married you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 387
You deserved it 17 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thisnametaken 0

Maybe he was trying to tell you he loved you the way you are. Men aren't always great with words, y'know.

Dashiell 0

Hahaha, aw, what a sweetie!

Comments

Of course, guys are less likely to need reassurance...

I highly doubt he meant it quite that way. It was most likely meant as "if I ONLY cared about the way you look," or something. Either way, you completely deserve it. Fishing for compliments is never attractive.

noshitsherlock 0

OK, seriously. You can go f yourself. If you are as unattractive as it is implied, YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A LOYAL HUSBAND. So STFU.

he's telling you he's not superficial, and you think it's fml worthy? his eloquence is lacking, for sure, but nothing to write home about. and to everyone hating on guys here: even though what you say is true, the only reason it is true is because guys aren't as sensitive when it comes to retarded things that come out of peoples mouths. if you look down on guys for that, just imagine a world where every guy reacted as women do every time they got called a jerk, dumb, ugly, etc. if he did he'd becomes a "wimp", and no one wants to see that...

Eloquence is lacking? Are you inane? He told her the truth, that he loves her and will love her if she is ugly or beautiful. There is no better love than that. Shit, you'd think women would be happy with the one compliment, but no, it has to be a well delivered, precise, honest and deep compliment about their personality, appearance and lifestyle.

Well, I don't know... For one he shouldn't of said anything as such. I woulda colecocked the SOB. Just saying. That was a definite burn there. Second - I can't stand girls who complain, complain, complain. If you have to constantly complain, then I wouldn't blame the husband. Maybe it was just said to sytfu? Leave you speechless - or something. Third - I marked it as YDI. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but I sought this as you being more of a complainer, than your husband being mean. Sorry. Not. But, still.

You would hit your husband because he told you he loves you for who you are and not what you look like? (Assuming you're a woman), if you did that to a man and he hit you in an identical manner, you would sue his ass off, or try to put him in jail for assault. Oh, I forgot, men are stronger than women, so it's not okay for a man to hit a woman. But... women are equal to men, women can do anything men can, they are just as strong, fast, smart, etc. Wait what?

mehwhateverr 0

He was TRYING to make you feel better, he just sort of failed. FYL.

She's a complaining bitch. Stop fishing for compliments, and you won't get burned (although it was likely meant well, meaning he really loves her, he doesn't just love the way she looks). True love. How horrible.

Astraea 0

what a comfort for you, eh? clearly he was trying to make you feel better but he screwed it up anyway. fyl for such a proof of your concerns being true. but relax, at least you have a loving husband, whether he thinks you are beautiful or not.

carrot89 0

Do you really think your husband wanted to hear that? Guys don't want to hear you complaining about shit, especially about your looks. It's just flat out annoying.