By JennaMarie - 26/07/2009 15:16 - United States

Today, I was in the car with my husband complaining about the way I look. His response, "Babe, if I cared about the way you looked I wouldnt have married you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 387
You deserved it 17 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thisnametaken 0

Maybe he was trying to tell you he loved you the way you are. Men aren't always great with words, y'know.

Dashiell 0

Hahaha, aw, what a sweetie!

Comments

A_dead_guy 0

he meant that in a good way you know

MadisenMoore 0

That was actually a VERY sweet complaimentt, just sayinn.

dg72592_fml 0

dude he probably just tuned out cause u were bitchinngggg and didn't really pay attention to his response.

dg72592_fml 0

whyyy did you type all that out. like i really cannot fathom why you typed all that out, especially the last part about pigs? but you got it i guess

he meant that in a good way. but still it is soo annoying when women complaining about their look.

YDI for being whiny. And then when he tries to compliment you you get pissed off? What do you want?

I know I'm repeating what's been said before, but I feel it should be said again. The way I see it, he wasn't calling the OP ugly, he was saying that he's smart enough to know that all women get old and because of that looks are fleeting. If he only cared about her looks, he wouldn't have married her because she won't look the same in 20 years, much less when they're both in their 80s. Instead, he married her because of her personality. It was very sweet, if a bit misdelievered. Frankly, the OP should stop fishing for compliments and then complaining to strangers on the internet about them, because somehow I doubt those are the personality traits her husband fell in love with.

Brittanii 0

DAMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! das harshh