By JennaMarie - 26/07/2009 15:16 - United States

Today, I was in the car with my husband complaining about the way I look. His response, "Babe, if I cared about the way you looked I wouldnt have married you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 386
You deserved it 17 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thisnametaken 0

Maybe he was trying to tell you he loved you the way you are. Men aren't always great with words, y'know.

Dashiell 0

Hahaha, aw, what a sweetie!

Comments

be happiie that he married to yuh for who yuh are.. and not for yur looks :]

Many people on here are not English speaking by default. Many people on here are also idiots. Seeing as how you have a 50% chance to look like an asshole picking on somebody who doesn't speak English, and a 50% chance to look like a stuck up grammar Nazi, I would probably have just refrained from commenting if I were you.

Oh **** you #60 . A grammar nazi is a lot more sensitive then that with their language. Some will yell at you if you screw up one letter in your whole post, some people wouldn't even notice it. That looks horrible, and if that person does suck at english they could say so and then, the odds are, the so called "grammar nazi" will withdraw.

60 and 81, I'm surprised you didn't watch your grammar!

sexylol_fml 4

that's not very nice, but then again he still likes you!

supergirl505 0

Ydi for being a complaing bitch and annoying your husband, shut up and get over yourself, guys hate girls like that

I think everyone hates girls like that .. But yeah OP, YDI. Stop fishing for compliments. What your husband said wasn't supposed to be a bad thing.

Jimbo2000 0

How is that an FML? Maybe your husband thinks that you are beautiful on the inside.

He's sweet. He could've just insulted you and agree'd or something, but he doesn't care about beauty, but about what's inside.

thelonelylurker 0

So you were complaining about the way YOU look to your husband... trying to fish for compliments, no doubt. YDI for being annoying.

i agree, women fishing for compliments is the most annoying thing i've ever seen. and yes, i am a girl.

lobby0ne 0

WTF? He married you didn't he? Damn it!

GreenDaysGeekGrl 0

What's wrong with that? And why do you care what you look like? You're married. And actually, it's kinda sweet of him if you think about it. He's not shallow.

Because if married women DON'T care about the way they look, then the men come on here and post on FML about how their wife is not taking care of herself anymore and then all the commenters bash the wife and tell the guy to divorce her and find someone hot... o.O As for the FML, I would be a little upset too if my husband said that to me. Even if he loves her for her inner beauty you still want to know that your husband is physically attracted to you. I complain about my body sometimes because I have an issue with my spine that causes the left side of my ribs to stick out way more than my ribs on the right side and it looks really uneven...and when I complain about it my husband never says "If I cared about your looks I wouldn't have married you"...he says "Honey you may not be perfect but you are perfect for me" She may not have been fishing for compliments but actually BE not satisfied with her body and her looks...so instead of bringing her self-esteem down even more he should encourage her to whatever it is that bothers her, lose weight for example. Or get a new haircut or whatever.

wroughtinfire 0

That would be my response to your fishing for compliments. YDI for doing that stupid stuff.

So?? That means he REALLY loves you :)

Young_Sparta 0

so wheres the fml? if he doesnt care about your looks, then he obiviously with you for other reasons such as personality, ability in bed, etc. women can be such morons sometimes.