By JennaMarie - 26/07/2009 15:16 - United States

Today, I was in the car with my husband complaining about the way I look. His response, "Babe, if I cared about the way you looked I wouldnt have married you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 387
You deserved it 17 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thisnametaken 0

Maybe he was trying to tell you he loved you the way you are. Men aren't always great with words, y'know.

Dashiell 0

Hahaha, aw, what a sweetie!

Comments

megs9110 0

Or he could be saying he loves you for you and he doesn't care about the way you look.

This is pretty much the reason I broke up with my ex-'boyfriend.' I asked him if all he was going after was a physical relationship (because I didn't want that and wanted to know what he was after), and he said, "If I wanted a physical relationship, we wouldn't be going out." I dumped him on the spot.

So he said "If I just wanted to mess around with somebody, I wouldn't do it with somebody I have feelings for, like you" and you dumped him on the spot. Or maybe "If I just wanted sex, I'd have one night stands, but I'm going out with you, because I care about you and want to build a real relationship, not just have sex." And you dumped him on the spot. Are you that sensitive about your looks that you can't see this meaning of what he said and only stretch his words to mean that he was calling you ugly? That poor guy, he was trying to be sweet and you went crazy on him.

bexox 0

MercyFML - I agree with you. I'm glad you mentioned some of your points, especially in #77 because I find that type of thing frustrating.

not much of an fml.. or would u rather a guy just want u for sex/looks?

I agree with everything you've said and I feel the exact same way about commenters on FML. You said it really well.

I don't see how this is a FML because he loves you for who you are and not what's superficial.

iunno_12345 0

YDI for complaing about your appearance. Who do you wanna look like? Megan Fox?

Megan Fox was average before plastic surgery.

you took it wrong, you need to understand that most guys say stuff like this to make you feel better not realizing that it might have a double meaning. HE SAID YOU WERE PRETTY GET OVER IT geez

you took it wrong, you need to understand that most guys say stuff like this to make you feel better not realizing that it might have a double meaning. HE SAID YOU WERE PRETTY GET OVER IT geez