By jayswizzle89 - 29/07/2014 07:58 - Canada - Etobicoke

Today, I was having coffee with an old friend I hadn't seen since university. I asked about her husband; she replied, "He died" and walked off. I was confused, so I stood up and took off after her. She then reminded me that I was at his funeral, and then slapped me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 160
You deserved it 69 547

Same thing different taste

Comments

and it didnt click when she said "he died"? O.o

Really? How do you forget you're at a funeral, you deserved it

This has to be one of the most ambiguous FMLs. Reading the comments, I can see at least 3 possible scenarios. #1. OP is having coffee with a friend she hasn't seen in a long time. She asks about the husband and is told he "died". OP had forgotten she had attended the funeral (which was either before or during University, or OP forgot she saw her friend more recently at the funeral). OP gets slapped for forgetting. - Neutral #2 OP is having coffee with a friend she hasn't seen in a long time. She asks about the husband and is told he "died". The friend mistakenly believe OP was at the funeral, but they haven't seen each other since University (and the friend's husband died after that). OP gets slapped because her friend is confused. - FYL #3 (One I hadn't considered until reading the comments) OP hasn't seen her friend since University. Her friend's funeral is TODAY. They are having coffee either right after the funeral or during it. OP (clearly not with the program) asks about the husband. Friend says he "died". OP says "she reminded me I was at the funeral" (as in the OP forgot she was currently at the funeral or just came from it)(this would be in past tense because the OP was not posting at the time of the funeral) Friend slaps OP for being an insensitive stupid bitch. - YDI Please update OP!

Well you hadn't seen her since uni days how could you of gone to the funeral. I am not sure that you had a attended.

You are lucky it was only a slap OP! Lucky you didn't get worse than that

That was.... damn. Pay attention, OP.

Slapping is considered Battery ( physical assault) by the Law. You can have her charged/ put in jail. She should have thought before she acted. :) I would have her slammed behind bars.

OP asked after a man whose funeral she had attended. I think she's the one who needs to think before she acts.

guess its true what they say. the dead really do come back to haunt :)