By jayswizzle89 - 29/07/2014 07:58 - Canada - Etobicoke

Today, I was having coffee with an old friend I hadn't seen since university. I asked about her husband; she replied, "He died" and walked off. I was confused, so I stood up and took off after her. She then reminded me that I was at his funeral, and then slapped me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 160
You deserved it 69 547

Same thing different taste

Comments

dDailydDosage 8

How do you forget someone died? This is truly a YDI if I ever saw one.

just_a_thought 6

No one is considering that it might be the friend who was wrong? That she only thought that she had been to the funeral? OP hadn't seen her since University, so it's unlikely she went. The friend might had meant to invite her, but forgot, then thought she had, specially if it had been a long time. And even if OP DID go to the funeral, and did know, not everyone has the best memories. Sometimes I can't remember what even happened Saturday, regardless of who important it was. I forget things related to my favorite show that I'm obsessed with. No, not everyone has a memory as poor as mine, but it's a possibility. This needs a follow up. Yes, the friend had the right to be hurt that she forgot and/or brought it up, but walking off and slapping them was too much.

I've never seen such an extremely judgemental fan base. OP could be in her 50s for all we know and hadn't seen her friend in over 20 years. What if it was just a friend and not a best friend too? I forget important things about friends who haven't been in my life for only 2 years. And obviously OP didn't mean to do it. Some people are so harsh.

inowhtthefoxsays 20

This is exactly what I'm talking about in my profile. OP made a dumb mistake, posted a quite embarrassing story which I find hard to believe but hey to each his own right. Everyone is arguing memory loss, stupidity, drug use ect. Then BAM a fight breaks out about the difference in college and university. Completely irrelevant. Post. Not. Funny. Comments unrelating to anything at all. Freaking. Hilarious.

It was insensitive and dumb of OP to forget that. She definitely would have deserved to be scolded by her friend, but I don't think she deserved to be slapped.

Queen_of_Night 20

My bf has an awful memory. I am constantly having to remind him of things. But even so, we really can't judge OP because we have no idea of her circumstances. Her friend could have been wrong about going to the funeral, they haven't seen each other since university. Really no way to figure out time here. My best friend often adds me to certain stories when she was with mutual friends.

This reminds me of those 4chan greentext stories with the ridiculous twist endings.

psykojak 6

did everyone forget the part where it says they hadn't seen each other since their university days. Maybe OPs friend just thought she was there. Hence her confusion.

she does not deserve it it might of been a traumatic experience for her: a friends husband who is about her age died you push it away uncontrollably. and example would be a couple years ago my cousin was killed in a car wash and it was horrifying to me that i could die any moment when I visited russia a couple years ago I asked when my cousin was coming for dinner the whole family started crying and telling me that she died that experience made remember forever. Op don't fret if you explain yourself she will hopefully understand don't take it to heavy.