By jayswizzle89 - 29/07/2014 07:58 - Canada - Etobicoke

Today, I was having coffee with an old friend I hadn't seen since university. I asked about her husband; she replied, "He died" and walked off. I was confused, so I stood up and took off after her. She then reminded me that I was at his funeral, and then slapped me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 160
You deserved it 69 547

Same thing different taste

Comments

That really sucks, OP. I got similar questions after my Dad died, too, and wouldn't have gone nuts and slapped them. Fact is, if you're used to not seeing someone, it's easy to forget the reason why. Hell, even I got that. Because my father was in hospital for weeks before the cancer won, I was so used to him not being in the house. I would be a moment away from asking my Mum if we were going to see him that day (the hospital was over 100km away) before I'd remember that we couldn't and never would. It's a hard thing to come to terms with.

Don't worry OP people forget things.

I understand that she was hurt, but honestly people need to realize just because your feelings are hurt doesn't give you the right to slap someone in the face, especially when she genuinely forgot. Yes, it was a bit dumb on OPs part, but there could have been more mature ways to handle that situation. I feel very bad for the friend though and wish her the best. But still, the slap was unnecessary

And honestly it doesn't sound like OP was at the actual funeral at the time if the FML, it sounds like it was in the past. She says "I was at the funeral.' If OP was at the funeral currently, I think they would have said 'we were at the funeral'. Think of all the ceremonies you've been at, you probably don't remember every single one, especially by the time you've aged a bit. And know that this was a friend from university, meaning that we can assume besides the funeral OP and the friend probably haven't has too much contact, or else the friend would have been referee to as just a regular friend or an old friend. It's safe to assume they don't really talk, which makes it easier to forget these type of things. Also, we don't know how long ago the funeral was or how old OP is.

Do you have DID or MPD? Did you dissociate and lose time? Follow up please?

fj19 9

I'm guessing the funeral was pretty lame. It's slip my mind too if the food sucked.

Sorry op, but you totally deserved that.

I'm so shocked that someone thought they'd get sympathy from this. How do you forget that you're at a funeral? WTF!

jeez sorry but thats retarded...very dumb