By itwasajoke - 25/12/2016 21:23

Today, I ran into an old friend for whom I used to have feelings. I hadn't seen her in years, so I thought it would be funny if I went up to her and said, "Hey, you look familiar, do I know you?" She thought I had really forgotten her and burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 430
You deserved it 2 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently the feelings may have been mutual, based on her reaction.

The good news is, this probably means she had feelings for you as well.

Comments

Tell her you have face blindness. Brad Pitt says he has face blindness, and whatever diseases he has, women find irresistible!

It's a disorder where you can't remember faces.

species4872 19

Last time I tried that the wife hit me.

I actually have face blindness, prosopagnosia, it sucks. And the "looks familiar" bit doesn't work well, as no one ever looks familair!

cootiequeen4444 11

I'm sorry you have to live with that, 17. I first learned about face blindness when watching a PBS special on Chuck Close (an artist with face blindness. I have a feeling you've heard of him though? ) It sounds like a real booger of a illness (? idk what to call it. may condition instead). When I am without glasses or contacts, everyone looks like a colorful blur. It freaks me out and when I forget to have contacts when I go running I have to basically rub blind (ish) and it is terribly anxiety inducing. I can't imagine never being able to recognize people.. It sounds very isolating :c Maybe it makes your hearing better in recognizing voices though. or some other coping technique... *hug*

Apparently the feelings may have been mutual, based on her reaction.

The good news is, this probably means she had feelings for you as well.

Sad for her, but if you've moved on why is this an FML?

My guess, he probably feels like shit after unintentionally breaking her heart with what he felt was nothing more than a silly conversation starter

Maybe he doesn't like making a woman feel like shit? I had a similar situation, though not joking. It doesn't make either party feel fantastic.

StitchnLilo 24

I personally would have played along. FYL!

I hope you have been able to explain the situation.