By Maddy - 10/03/2010 08:00 - United States

Today, I was going to break up with my boyfriend for taking me for granted and being such a jerk. He didn't even show up for our date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 132
You deserved it 4 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you realized what a jerk he really is. how do all of the assholes get the girls?

@MattCole: When I broke up with my first boyfriend, I first took him out and bought him his Christmas gift before doing so. There is nothing saying that the OP's bf had to pay for a damn thing. Maybe she was taking him out to discuss it over dinner or something. She was basically showing him respect by breaking up with him face to face.

Comments

Agreed. You know you are making the right decision. Text him and be done with it.

paul924 0

oh my god!!! all u people that say he's a jerk for not showing up r retarded!! he obviously knew u were gonna dump him so he didn't go! god break in a brain people!!

I think he should've showed either way. If he knew she was going to dump him then he could've shown up to get it over with, if he still wanted her he could've tried to win her back. OP - you do realise that this is a situation where breakup via text is good enough? If not, just go to his house, tell whoever answers the door, then leave. If they stop you by asking why - explain.

I agree, break up over a text message. It lacks class and maturity, just like him.

skullbashd 3

snicker doodles why are you such a douch3?

spiderman0606 0

skullbash, she's right. But don't sit down and write a letter. That shows you care enough to write a letter. Show him you don't care and that it's over, OP. Show him you're too good to be with a douche like that.

Better yet, dump him but don't tell him.

You have no choice now, break up with him via facebook, it is a classic way to handle it now anyway.

do you seriously need to say via? Why not say ******* " break up with him OVER facebook?" e_e

via is a cool word. deal with it. :P whilst I'm fairly certain both are equally valid, does it really matter which was used? They both come to the same amount of words.

ally I can't make the words much shorter than that, Sorry.

Not in the context used. It's a professional term that you simpletons use only to sound "educated."

Did I light someones skunk on fire or what? 3 effin letters tapped out on an iPod. Imply that I'm uneducated all you want, I only have one thing to say to you. Yes, I'll have fries with that.

That just gives you another reason. Call him instead.