By Maddy - 10/03/2010 08:00 - United States

Today, I was going to break up with my boyfriend for taking me for granted and being such a jerk. He didn't even show up for our date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 132
You deserved it 4 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you realized what a jerk he really is. how do all of the assholes get the girls?

@MattCole: When I broke up with my first boyfriend, I first took him out and bought him his Christmas gift before doing so. There is nothing saying that the OP's bf had to pay for a damn thing. Maybe she was taking him out to discuss it over dinner or something. She was basically showing him respect by breaking up with him face to face.

Comments

Novogrod: Ill give you the first sentence. The more I read it, the more I was inclined to agree with that part. The "just proved" part still confuses me, though. Why is she not allowed to use the past tense when, in fact, this action was in the past? "He just proved what an ass he is." He can still be an ass in the present tense even though the proving was done before. He proved (past tense) that he was an ass by not showing up for the date. That part happened in the past. Just because it happened in the past does not mean that he can only be an ass in the past. He can presently be an ass while having already proved it.

zero112 0

if he's like that then call him and break up or text? ydi

At that point, I would have just sent him a text message saying "We're done."5

qzamml 0

agree with 1. but how about this. now you have two options...you can either consider it as you have MORE grounds to dump him....OR you can just ignore him for doing that and let him figure it out by himself that you think he is an asshole. one or the other. =P