By Maddy - 10/03/2010 08:00 - United States

Today, I was going to break up with my boyfriend for taking me for granted and being such a jerk. He didn't even show up for our date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 132
You deserved it 4 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you realized what a jerk he really is. how do all of the assholes get the girls?

@MattCole: When I broke up with my first boyfriend, I first took him out and bought him his Christmas gift before doing so. There is nothing saying that the OP's bf had to pay for a damn thing. Maybe she was taking him out to discuss it over dinner or something. She was basically showing him respect by breaking up with him face to face.

Comments

did u think you were going to convince him to treat you better by threatening to break up? he never had any respect for u. learn from this. move on.

I thought it was pretty clear that she was going to just break up with him. Why would you think she was trying to convince him to treat her better? Her intention was to break up with him, and he didn't even show up. To me, it seems that she was simply giving him the respect of breaking up face to face.

Serves you right. Probably read through your shallowness. The moderators really need to stop allowing these "bitchy girlfriend" FML's through.

How is it shallow to realize that you're being taken advantage of and that your boyfriend is a "jerk"? She didn't say she was breaking up with him because he was ugly. THAT would have been shallow. At least this girl was smart enough to make a decision to end it instead of staying with someone who treats her badly. I don't see this as a "bitchy girlfriend" FML, at all. The bitchy gf ones are the ones where the girl is complaining about something like accompanying her bf to buy a game.

damnrosi 0

man, someone really hate's women! so what happened? did some mean girl break your heart, or are you just some pathetic scum that treats women like crap to try and make up for your obvious, numerous short comings?

cater2U 0

no snick they meant ginandjenkem or whatever their name is

i agree fully with the fact that there are too many "bitchy girlfriend" FMLs. this is not one of them, or if it is... some crucial details were omitted in the description. it's seriously disrespectful to flat out not show up for something that involves keeping someone waiting WITHOUT sending some sort of notification. she felt she was getting taken for granted and tonight she got that confirmed HARD. you seriously need a DAMN good excuse to get out of something like this.

why bother? you must have realyl cared fr her then

brieanna101 0

YDI for setting up a date with the guy you are going to dump...it just makes it easyier for you to change your mind. and it's leading him on.

That was not a complete sentence, it was a dependant statement without predication. Proved is past tense. The present tense would be "has proven." If you honestly couldn't pick that up, then you seriously need to go back to school.

hahahaha!!! now you can get rid of the asshole though!

Darn it Mary-Jane, Peter Parker had other things to do!!! Does it always have to be about you? Yours Truly, Green Gonlin

omg what an effing jerk he doesn't even deserve to be broken up with in person!! break up with him over text

Break up with him and dont tell him then when he gets all pissed be like i forgot like u forgot to show up to our date!