By ocdistheworst - 26/08/2013 20:05 - United States - Gardena

Today, I was formally diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive tendencies. My mom saw this as an excuse to make me clean the whole house top to bottom, because "Hey, you love to clean." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 650
You deserved it 3 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh but of course you love to clean! Just like how people with severe depression just LOVE to feel hopeless and dejected every minute of their lives...

Wizardo 33

OCD doesn't always mean cleanliness, it just means order to your preference. Explain that to her next time.

Comments

My mom said she would make me do that if I had OCD

Well at least you can see if you do enjoy it. Maybe she is just testing the market?

With that logic, tell her that you also tend to get angry at people for their insensitivity. That will probably covince her you also have anger management problems, and leave you be.

I have OCD, and I can tell you that I don't like cleaning.

29: ah the good ol days where parents were able to discipline their children without having to worry about CPS stealing them. It's easy to learn respect for others and that actions have consequences when spanking was not only allowed but encouraged. And for everyone who is cries abuse over a few swats: discipline and abuse are two totally different things. I advocate one,not the other.

That's phucked up OP; she doesn't realize this would be long and exhausting for you; I've seen enough documentaries on OCD to say, you still wouldn't want to do it.

ruthi666 23

Clearly your mom wasn't there for the explanation of what OCD is.

Ugh... I have OCD and I hate when people do this. My mom was the same way. But mine is more of an obsession over thoughts. People watch too much Monk lol.

danidanidani 10

Been there, I know how you feel man