New life

By Anonymous - 27/12/2020 17:04 - Germany

Today, after losing my job, my apartment and my man, I had to move back in with my mom, at 37. She’s a total slob; I can’t function without clean, organized spaces. So, hey, at least I have a new full-time job now: cleaning up after her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 056
You deserved it 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just like Felix and Oscar. Seems fair. You clean up the place in exchange for room and board. It's the least you could do.

Comments

Just like Felix and Oscar. Seems fair. You clean up the place in exchange for room and board. It's the least you could do.

Count your blessings. Plenty of people have lost jobs due to lockdown and they don't have parents to fall back on.

she is taking advantage of your situation. either put up with the cleaning, and remember it when you get power of attorney, and put her in a home... or simply stop. you are not obligated to be her maid, she is a grown ass adult who can clean for herself. you handle your shit and get back on your feet, let her wallow in her filth. she is your mother and while she is letting you stay with her this does not mean she owned you. maybe do the dishes, or help tidy a bit but don't be her maid because she is acting as family should in times of need.

rent a small apartment? it'll be cozy but at least you'll be alone

rotflqtms_ 21

No job = no money flowing in. She should get a job before she rents a small apartment. If she can't afford rent, she can't rent a small apartment.

oh she's from a second world country or america, where they don't have a safety net after losing their job :/ i would still say move, just move country :)