By ocdistheworst - 26/08/2013 20:05 - United States - Gardena

Today, I was formally diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive tendencies. My mom saw this as an excuse to make me clean the whole house top to bottom, because "Hey, you love to clean." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 650
You deserved it 3 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh but of course you love to clean! Just like how people with severe depression just LOVE to feel hopeless and dejected every minute of their lives...

Wizardo 33

OCD doesn't always mean cleanliness, it just means order to your preference. Explain that to her next time.

Comments

olpally 32

Make her clean it or just walk out of the house.

Wizardo 33

OCD doesn't always mean cleanliness, it just means order to your preference. Explain that to her next time.

You can't blame her for trying to take advantage of the situation

You can't blame her mother for trying to take advantage of her child's diagnosed disorder? That's completely logical, clearly.

MerrikBarbarian 9

FYL op. I have OCD too and my family has yet to understand no it doesn't mean I like to clean, it means thing have to be in specific places and orders. Sometimes it looks clean an tidy, sometimes it looks like a disorganized mess... But the order makes sense to me. Also OCD can make cleaning hard because you are so focused on getting one part "right" you can't get the whole house done.

thats when you hide her stuff ij strategic places around the house and tell her she would have to clean it to find them.

Lol what a dummy. OCD isn't a cleaning disorder.

Hahah I see a win-win... Therapy is hella expensive.

Now kids, what do you do when someone offers you chores? "JUST SAY NO!"

If OP was me, and her mom was my mom, this is what would happen: Mom: Oh, you have OCD? Go clean the house from top to bottom because you love to clean. Me: No. Mom: Alright, if you don't clean the house, I'm going to get the belt. Me: *Starts cleaning frantically* Now do you see why you shouldn't say no to your parents? (Note that this wouldn't happen to me, but it did to my parents.)