By leadwriteafw - 03/11/2016 18:35 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was diagnosed with chronic vomiting. I've gone to 7 doctors and tried 13 different medicines, with none of them working. I've gone to therapy and taken up yoga with no change. So apparently, throwing up daily at random times is the new normal for me. Yay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 759
You deserved it 1 211

leadwriteafw tells us more.

Hey y'all OP here- I wasn't really expecting for this to get published! Just here to answer a few questions. First off, this obviously didn't just start happening today, it been an ongoing issue since February-- that's just how FML works. Secondly, I'm 17 years old which means I've been experiencing this all while in high school, which has been SUPER fun. But yes, I've had an MRI, several sonograms, lots of blood work taken and tested, and I took a very intense allergy test. The only thing all of that revealed was that I had a minor milk allergy. So I've completely cut out all milk (which FYI, you'd be surprised at how many things have milk in them), with still no change. I've tried several medications, some of which have provided their own not-so-fun side effects. But at this point I'm just trying to treat it with vitamins and by lowering my stress levels. All my friends and family know about, so I always carry a barf bag and tooth brush with me. Hopefully it will go away on its own, because it's really not as fun as it sounds. Thanks for your kind comments and helpful suggestions though!!

Top comments

This can really damage your esophagus and teeth over time. The same as bulimia. Keep trying to find answers.

species4872 19

You might have to be traded in for the new model.

Comments

I understand this life so well. I've been dealing with chronic stomach problems for about six years now. It really sucks and it makes life pretty difficult at times. I also live in Texas. Sorry you have to deal with this crummy stuff too.

wereallmad 11

hey there. so I'm constantly getting sick have been since i was 13 I'm 21 now. try to stay away from greasy food it helps. and i found that the less carbonation your body intakes the less you get sick through out the day. maybe see if its IBS too. IBS normally triggers your bowels but in some cases can make you puke through out the day.

You should have a cat scan done. I was sick like that for almost nine years and it turned out to be SMA syndrome. Better to be safe than sorry. What I got diagnosed with is rare but radiology such as cat scans is the only way to actually see it

I feel for you hope you get will soon

There are a few case studies that show chiropractic might help. If this is due to a nerve problem, always worth a shot right? It's cheap, so if it doesn't work, not like you dropped thousands like on an MRI

I used to throw up on a daily basis. for 7 months. finally figures out its soda. the carbonation can make you vomit. even after hours of drinking it. just a thought. I know how much it sucks.

Do you use cannabis? Often mistakenly called Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome is a form of cannabinoid toxicity. It’s characterized by cyclic episodes of debilitating nausea and vomiting. People who have the the syndrome often find that hot showers relieve their symptoms. Symptoms stop after stopping cannabis use.

fresh ginger and a glass of Kurkuma before meals..I had a lot of vomiting too, Dr. said it was the lower oesophagus sphincter that couldn't close properly causing a reflux randomly..they tried giving me all sorts of medication none of it worked, Kurkuma did..no side effects so try it out OP, wish you the best.