By leadwriteafw - 03/11/2016 18:35 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was diagnosed with chronic vomiting. I've gone to 7 doctors and tried 13 different medicines, with none of them working. I've gone to therapy and taken up yoga with no change. So apparently, throwing up daily at random times is the new normal for me. Yay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 759
You deserved it 1 211

leadwriteafw tells us more.

Hey y'all OP here- I wasn't really expecting for this to get published! Just here to answer a few questions. First off, this obviously didn't just start happening today, it been an ongoing issue since February-- that's just how FML works. Secondly, I'm 17 years old which means I've been experiencing this all while in high school, which has been SUPER fun. But yes, I've had an MRI, several sonograms, lots of blood work taken and tested, and I took a very intense allergy test. The only thing all of that revealed was that I had a minor milk allergy. So I've completely cut out all milk (which FYI, you'd be surprised at how many things have milk in them), with still no change. I've tried several medications, some of which have provided their own not-so-fun side effects. But at this point I'm just trying to treat it with vitamins and by lowering my stress levels. All my friends and family know about, so I always carry a barf bag and tooth brush with me. Hopefully it will go away on its own, because it's really not as fun as it sounds. Thanks for your kind comments and helpful suggestions though!!

Top comments

This can really damage your esophagus and teeth over time. The same as bulimia. Keep trying to find answers.

species4872 19

You might have to be traded in for the new model.

Comments

I swear I had the same issue for 7 years! Went away last spring, I don't know why, tho... I know how you feel tho, and man, don't give up. I almost committed suicide because of it... don't lose hope, keep searching, try everything you can, I hope it goes away soon. stay strong!

marijuana will help, no matter how much your for our against it, isn't it worth a try to have a real solution with no side effects?

You don't consider being stoned a side effect??

jnugzzz 6

They mean no negative side effects ;)

Have you been vomiting for more than 2 weeks?

look up NAET it's an energy balancing, allergy elimination technique. A friend of mine learned to treat cyclical vomiting syndrome by doing NAET treatments for Desmoglein 1, 2 and 3 (an enzyme that seems to control the syndrome). It literally stopped all random vomiting in 3 of her patients diagnosed with cyclical vomiting.

damn_homie 2

Take a holistic approach. Find an herbal store near you

OP, I will assume you've already seen gastroenterologists (stomach and digestive system specialists), but have you seen a neurologist (Brain and nervous system specialist)? If you're vomiting multiple times a day, it could also be Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which is a variant of migraines. No matter what it is, I wish you well and hope you find answers, treatment and relief soon.

Try mint OP? You probably have already though. Remember to brush afterwards, stomach acid can damage teeth

Mint could actually make it worse if it's acid reflux related. I know with my reflux anything minty makes me feel worse. including the mint flavored tums.

You should check with your doctor to see if you have a mitochondrial disorder. My step-sister has thrown up daily for years and found out a few years back that she has a mitochondrial disorder that causes it.

bduggan101 9

I used to throw up at random times. try changing your diet. it worked for me now no more problems.