By leadwriteafw - 03/11/2016 18:35 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was diagnosed with chronic vomiting. I've gone to 7 doctors and tried 13 different medicines, with none of them working. I've gone to therapy and taken up yoga with no change. So apparently, throwing up daily at random times is the new normal for me. Yay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 759
You deserved it 1 211

leadwriteafw tells us more.

Hey y'all OP here- I wasn't really expecting for this to get published! Just here to answer a few questions. First off, this obviously didn't just start happening today, it been an ongoing issue since February-- that's just how FML works. Secondly, I'm 17 years old which means I've been experiencing this all while in high school, which has been SUPER fun. But yes, I've had an MRI, several sonograms, lots of blood work taken and tested, and I took a very intense allergy test. The only thing all of that revealed was that I had a minor milk allergy. So I've completely cut out all milk (which FYI, you'd be surprised at how many things have milk in them), with still no change. I've tried several medications, some of which have provided their own not-so-fun side effects. But at this point I'm just trying to treat it with vitamins and by lowering my stress levels. All my friends and family know about, so I always carry a barf bag and tooth brush with me. Hopefully it will go away on its own, because it's really not as fun as it sounds. Thanks for your kind comments and helpful suggestions though!!

Top comments

This can really damage your esophagus and teeth over time. The same as bulimia. Keep trying to find answers.

species4872 19

You might have to be traded in for the new model.

Comments

explodingpies 4

medical Marijuana is approved for nausea/vomiting, like you have. I've done a research paper on it in college, and my unpopular opinion is that I highly recommend it.

This must be a nightmare! Maybe you have an allergic reaction to some of ingredient. Have you tried doing an allergy test? Maybe you're allergic to gluten. A friend of mine was throwing up constantly until doctors finally found out that she's allergic to gluten. But that took time. You should try to do a diet on your own. I myself had a disease with my skin for many months and no doctor could understand what it was. Countless visits to the hospital didn't help either until I tried to avoid any food with gluten, dairy, spices, sweets, etc. It took a couple of months time until I got better and eventually went back to normal again. Maybe your body is trying to tell you to change your diet. Don't take the doctors word for granted. You can't go on throwing up every day cause it will be very dangerous for you. I hope you will feel better soon and sorry if I made some spelling errors but I'm not a native speaker.

You should go see a chiropractor! I know you probably don't associate one with this type of problem but you really should check it out! You might not throw up again!

Hey y'all OP here- I wasn't really expecting for this to get published! Just here to answer a few questions. First off, this obviously didn't just start happening today, it been an ongoing issue since February-- that's just how FML works. Secondly, I'm 17 years old which means I've been experiencing this all while in high school, which has been SUPER fun. But yes, I've had an MRI, several sonograms, lots of blood work taken and tested, and I took a very intense allergy test. The only thing all of that revealed was that I had a minor milk allergy. So I've completely cut out all milk (which FYI, you'd be surprised at how many things have milk in them), with still no change. I've tried several medications, some of which have provided their own not-so-fun side effects. But at this point I'm just trying to treat it with vitamins and by lowering my stress levels. All my friends and family know about, so I always carry a barf bag and tooth brush with me. Hopefully it will go away on its own, because it's really not as fun as it sounds. Thanks for your kind comments and helpful suggestions though!!

crazy_bananas 31

Hey OP, I understand what you are going through. I had the same problem last year with uncontrollable, random barfing. You might have already done this, but you considering going to a gastroenterologist? No amount of blood work, MRI's, CT's, ultrasounds, etc could find anything wrong or any reasoning as to why I was puking all the time. But as soon as I went to an intestinal doctor, they were able to find out exactly what was wrong with me. Have you heard of gastritis? It's a fairly uncommon disease but it can affect teenagers, especially if they're stressed, have anxiety, over weight, not necessarily eating healthy enough, etc. You should really consider just trying to talk to a gastro doctor, they can be so helpful when other doctors can't find out what's wrong. In the mean time I highly urge you to take Nexium (available over the counter), and starting the 14 day pill treatment. You might feel a little extra sick the first day, but you will definitely feel better once it starts to hit you. Also try avoiding any caffeine, sugary sweets, spicy foods, and gluten food products (Oh the horror, I know how awesome bread is and how it sucks to part with it). Hope you get well OP and the doctors can find out what's wrong. Best of luck!

XxXCrissyXxX 12

i agree with 42. i have the same problem and this is how it was figured out. i hope you feel better soon.

Blackshadows 13

I had similar issues starting middle of my Junior year in hs. i went to a gastroenterologist and a few months later was diagnosed with gastroparesis. Medications helped so i don't throw up every day now, but 2 years later and I'm still getting nauseas multiple days a week. thank God of anti nausea meds. But what I'm gathering from all this is stomachs are worthless pieces of crap that dont like to work

Definitely go see a gastroenterologist. And get a prescription for Zofran. It's the same anti-nausea med they give to chemotherapy patients. Good luck!!!

look into what's called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. I have similar symptoms and deal with having this condition. most docs don't know about it or how to properly treat it

I had a similar experience in middle school. I got tested for everything under the sun. Except Celiac's. Then, since we were out of options, I tried a gluten-free diet and the change was INSANE. I hardly get sick now, almost never vomit, have tons of energy, better complexion, no joint pain, etc. Maybe your doctors already tested you for that, but especially since you have a mild milk allergy (apparently, really common for Celiac's), I'd at least give it a shot.

Have you tried not eating anything with onions, raw, cooked, powdered ect? I'm allergic to onions and you perfectly described what happens when I eat anything that has any type of onion in it. It's an uncommon allergy so they don't test for it.

I'm 15 and this happened to me when I was 13 and ended mid way through 14. Turns out it was all anxiety. Try talking to your doctor to see if that's a reasonable answer for you.

Not trying to be a doctor but - as much as they tell you not to - do some intense googling. You'll definitely find others struggling with the same issue as you are. There's a thing called gastroparesis which can cause chronic vomiting and stomach pain and all other gastro problems. Echoing what everyone else has said: see a gastroenterologist. Hope you can find an answer soon OP.

I have the same issue. No diagnosis. Tons of tests. Medical marijuana actually helps a lot to calm the stomach.

Hello OP and fellow pukers, Was you checked for stones in your gall-bladder ? My mom had the same issue for years, none was shown on ultrasound and she had to go through an entire set of tests before the last endoscopy revealed the issue. Whatever this is, I hope you'll get cure (one way or another)

I was just going to mention this. I suffered from constant nausea and vomiting for about a year when I was 15. Saw multiple doctors, and did tons of tests. Then I started getting attacks of very serious back and stomach pain to the point I didn't even want to move because it hurt so bad to do anything, felt like I was being stabbed. This is when we finally went to the ER, got a liver test done which revealed there was an issue aggravating it, then got an ultrasound that showed I had gallstones. Got it removed 2 weeks later, cleared up the nausea and vomiting entirely.

I have the same problem. Puked almost every day all through middle school, high school, up through my late 20s. Closest thing I got to a diagnosis was one doctor telling me I had acid re-flux from hell. Lucky, I had I wonderful manager who was willing to work with my puking. We figured out I puked less as the day went on. She started scheduling me for later in the day shifts and closing shifts only. Much less puking. I started making diet changes. Figured out I have some really strange food allergies they don't test for. I hardly ever puke anymore. Listen to you body. If something makes your stomach swell all the time after you eat it, makes it hard, etc, try cutting it out. It may help with your puking. Good luck!!

Momperella 5

Oh my goodness!!!! My heart breaks for you, OP and you other victims. This is my worst fear. To me, nothing is worse than puking. Please take everyone's advice and see a tummy specialist! Don't give up! Please keep us posted on your progress.