By leadwriteafw - 03/11/2016 18:35 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was diagnosed with chronic vomiting. I've gone to 7 doctors and tried 13 different medicines, with none of them working. I've gone to therapy and taken up yoga with no change. So apparently, throwing up daily at random times is the new normal for me. Yay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 759
You deserved it 1 211

leadwriteafw tells us more.

Hey y'all OP here- I wasn't really expecting for this to get published! Just here to answer a few questions. First off, this obviously didn't just start happening today, it been an ongoing issue since February-- that's just how FML works. Secondly, I'm 17 years old which means I've been experiencing this all while in high school, which has been SUPER fun. But yes, I've had an MRI, several sonograms, lots of blood work taken and tested, and I took a very intense allergy test. The only thing all of that revealed was that I had a minor milk allergy. So I've completely cut out all milk (which FYI, you'd be surprised at how many things have milk in them), with still no change. I've tried several medications, some of which have provided their own not-so-fun side effects. But at this point I'm just trying to treat it with vitamins and by lowering my stress levels. All my friends and family know about, so I always carry a barf bag and tooth brush with me. Hopefully it will go away on its own, because it's really not as fun as it sounds. Thanks for your kind comments and helpful suggestions though!!

Top comments

This can really damage your esophagus and teeth over time. The same as bulimia. Keep trying to find answers.

species4872 19

You might have to be traded in for the new model.

Comments

This has happened to me my entire life up until last year (when I was 17). My issue ended up being my gallbladder- it was functioning wayyyyy lower than normal and that was what was causing my random chronic nausea. Try doing a HIDA scan and it'll tell you if that could be your issue as well.

My grandmother threw up every time she ate for like 20 years... then one day it just went away. Good luck OP :(

Agree with the others, go see a gastroenterologist if you haven't done so already. Also, were you only tested for food allergies? Do you have any non-food ones (pollen, dust mites, mold,...)? I did not know this, but non-food allergies can cause nausea and vomiting as well. For me, taking an otc antihistamine (claritin, allegra, or their generic versions) gets rid off the nausea I get from my dust mite allergy. If that does not help, have you tried an elimination diet? Food allergies can be very difficult to diagnose. With the elimination diet, you start off with just eating white rice for some time, and then re-introduce different food groups to see if any of them cause your nausea. If you have not done this maybe bring it up with your doctor (you can also find more info online). Good luck and get better soon!

I read an article about this. it took years before the person was finally diagnosed because it is so rare. the bad news was there's no cure. if it helps you the article was called 5 Awful Lessons I Learned Living With A Mystery Illness.

I feel your pain. I vomited nearly every day for more than 10 years. After multiple doctors, more tests than I can remember, and every medication known to man, I had my gallbladder removed, which helped for a while, but then it came back worse than ever. I ended up having a Nissen wrap (technically a Nissen Fundiplication), which is where they basically staple your stomach in a knot to create a new esophageal sphincter. That was nine years ago and I haven't gotten sick since, aside from the normal things like food poisoning or the flu. The doctors never did pinpoint the problem, though I think it was Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. I highly recommend that you ask your doctor about the Nissen wrap; it changed my whole world. Good luck!

Something similar happened to an acquaintance of mine, and turns out it was some kind of bacteria gathering in her intestines. Right now she's on a vegetable and fruit diet to kill the bacteria off. She's hungry, but at least she's not puking any more! Maybe that would be worth checking out?

awesomehawk321 2

Sorry I may be a little late, but have you checked if you have C.V.S? My mom has it, and sounds a lot like what you have. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/cyclic-vomiting-syndrome Here's a website that can tell you about it. I know they prescribe anti-nausea medication for it, and you can take it in shot or pill form. (I believe it's called zofran Here's a link to a website to tell you about it https://www.drugs.com/zofran.html) You can even be medically prescribed marijuana for it, of course only if you state allows it, I've heard that helps. My mom went through the same things, the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her sadly, until finally she was correctly diagnosed! Although you may have some thing else as C.V.S happens in episodes rather than every day. But you could read about it yourself, and see if you match the criteria.

Hello, OP! I created an account just to comment here; my sis in law had something very similar... if you haven't already, get checked for H. Pylori. Those little suckers are persistent, but there are some antibiotics and such that might work, at least it's worth a try. Good luck!!