By Danners88 - 11/11/2009 04:36 - Australia

Today, I was at a Remembrance Day service when an old widow told me I had my "grandad's" medals on the wrong side of my coat. I told her that I was an Afghanistan veteran and that they were mine. She then berated me in front of the WHOLE service for "lying". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Horde 8

Give the bitch a hand grenade to play with

disrespectful bitch. My cousin served in Afghanistan for the Canadian Army. Today we remember all who have fought & died in their country's honour. may they rest in peace. and I hope that lady get's what she deserves. HOORAH!

Comments

I've noticed that Canadians don't really fight too much. Sure they have an army, but they rarely use it. Canadians are cool like that. Even though I am not Canadian, I respect them. :)

Uh, we're using our army right now in Afghanistan. We've been there since 2001. The government has announced they're going to start pulling the Armed Forces out, but they won't be gone until 2011. Before that, we were doing NATO missions all over the world and various peacekeeping/human rights missions. Before that was the Gulf war, the Cold War, and the Korean War, and then WWII and WWI.

Pardon? We (Canada) has participated in more conflicts than your country lol. Just between the Korean war, and the Afghan war, we participated in 57 seperate conflict operations, mostly under UN auspices. The reason you do not hear of this, is becasue your media does not report it. The major difference between our armies is not the amount they are used, its the how and why. Our military is used becasue we are asked by other countries to intervene, not for *Canadian interest*. We go to the places without oil, and without industry, or without exports. We go becasue we are needed, and becasue we are asked. Then we come home. I personally havnt served in almost 20 years, but the lads today do just as much good as the lads in my day, and I'm proud of them.

participated in more conflicts my American ass! we have not only fought for our freedom, not only have we beaten the heck out of such evils as the Taliban, but we saved your sorry arses from having to go to Europe in ww2 to stop the Nazis. you could NOT have done that without our help you insensitive Canadian. so shut up...oh and btw America could kick your arses any day of the week and that's how long it'd take: a day.

I don't know what number you are, but, Obama may be president, but he sure as hell isn't my president, he's worthless, and he's putting our country into a worse crisis, I'm sure if anyone reads this they'll dog on me, but I refuse to accept obama as my president

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

same here. and if people want to talk shit, let 'em.

Err... heads up, now that he IS president, you don't exactly get a choice in the matter of "accepting him" as your president or not. He's the president, grow a pair and live with it. As to "he sure as hell isn't my president", read above. Also, how the HELL can Obama be putting the US into a worse crisis than Bush managed? Please, explain.

jack_squat 0

Headboarder - I trust you were also against the people who proudly rejected Bush as their president. Also, Obama seems to be steering towards a possible huge debt crisis and is looking at restricting individual liberties even further - but other than that, he isn't really doing anything different from Bush on the 'crisis' front. Not that he isn't doing any good things, but that's not what your question was. OP: You have my respect for restraining from tearing her a new one - either figuratively or literally. I know several soldiers who wouldn't have kept as composed as you evidently were. Thanks for your service, and stay safe.

You would be correct. While I don't believe Bush was a good president, he was still elected twice by the nation and that would make him the president, whether some people liked it or not.

OP you are awesome. Don't let that crazy old bitch get you down.

tutlens 0

While I may not necessarily agree with the politics that brought the world to Afghanistan in the first place, you can't rag on the vets. They don't make the decisions on where and who to fight. They just do teir jobs. And no matter how you feel about any given war, you have to give them that. Thanks, OP, for doing your duty. And...well, you know. Some people, right?

The old bitch should have been at home praying for a happy death instead of giving vets a hard time . Thanks for your service!

That's stupid. Thank you for serving, though!

Don't worry about it too much, she was probably senile. But thanks for your service nonetheless! Hopefully more people are more respectful than that.

you should have yelled right back at her for being so disrespectful.

All women over 30 are stupid bint *****!!! Nuff sed. :))