By Danners88 - 11/11/2009 04:36 - Australia

Today, I was at a Remembrance Day service when an old widow told me I had my "grandad's" medals on the wrong side of my coat. I told her that I was an Afghanistan veteran and that they were mine. She then berated me in front of the WHOLE service for "lying". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Horde 8

Give the bitch a hand grenade to play with

disrespectful bitch. My cousin served in Afghanistan for the Canadian Army. Today we remember all who have fought & died in their country's honour. may they rest in peace. and I hope that lady get's what she deserves. HOORAH!

Comments

lifesfine09 0

out of interest and meaning no disrespect, why were you wearing your badges on the wrong side? cheers for your service though, old chap.

annoyingbrother 0

In Australia veterans wear their medals on one side while grandsons or relatives representing a veteran wear the medals on the other side, this old woman thought he was supposed to wear the medals on the representing a veteran side of his chest.

vets think too highly of themselves anyways....... why did we go to Afghanistan again?

XScarlet 4

Are you kidding me? Think too highly of themselves? It wasn't the vets choice to go to Afghanistan or anywhere else they may have been deployed, but it was their choice to selflessly enlist in the Armed Forces, which is HIGHLY commendable. I'd like to see you even attempt to do the same. DOUCHEBAG. OP- Thank you for selflessly fighting to protect the Freedom which many take for granted.

We went to Afghanistan to destroy a corrupt theocracy that didn't let women have any rights, killed homosexuals on principal, drafted children to be suicide bombers, and was one of the most opressive regimes in recent memory. OP - thanks for serving. From one vet to another.

What #55 said, and also to build schools for children, help repair irrigation and farming equipment damaged by Taliban attacks, and working with village leaders to root out terrorists. Seriously, before you act like an asshole at least learn a little bit about what is going on in Afghanistan first.

KeannaLove 32

You are a ******* idiot. Veterans have every right to think highly of themselves. They risk their lives at war so ungrateful morons like you can live in a democratic country where you are not forced to do anything. If you think they shouldn't, go and try living in Afghanistan, and see how you like all your rights taken away from you. To the OP: thank you for serving. It takes an amazing person to serve in the armed forces.

Thank you for serving your country. Don't take shit from anyone who says otherwise.

Wow what a bitch! you should have given her a gernade to play with or kick her in the nits

Thank you for your service. Happy Veteran's Day. :)

That is one terrible old lady. Ignore her- she's a total stranger and you'll probably never see her again in you rlife.

livelaughlove782 0

I sorry here that. but Thank you for servicing our country:) Happy veteran's day