By Danners88 - 11/11/2009 04:36 - Australia

Today, I was at a Remembrance Day service when an old widow told me I had my "grandad's" medals on the wrong side of my coat. I told her that I was an Afghanistan veteran and that they were mine. She then berated me in front of the WHOLE service for "lying". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Horde 8

Give the bitch a hand grenade to play with

disrespectful bitch. My cousin served in Afghanistan for the Canadian Army. Today we remember all who have fought & died in their country's honour. may they rest in peace. and I hope that lady get's what she deserves. HOORAH!

Comments

you should feel so proud. I hope that women goes to hell for that remark.

Right...which would place them on the left hand side. The old bird was complaining that they were not on the right hand side, being his granddads...so from her (wrong) perspective they were on the wrong side.

She was probably a dirty muslim. You should have kicked her in her dry old pussy.

Imo anyone who willingly puts them-self in harms way is a moron. Wars are fought for stupid reasons, from leaders not liking each other, to commodities such as oil. That said, I'm glad they do, so i dont have to! I would never let my family join =3 too much of a risk.

Just to let you know, I am one of those morons. You really do make some valid arguments, especially for countries such as the U.S. or the U.K. There are also wars of conquest, and wars to extend opression, and wars for genicide. In this I agree with you. However, there are other countries, and other armies. I was personally involved in 3 conflicts. One was in Namibia, where we went into a mess, and left with them being a free democratic country, with a security force capable of protecting themselves. One was Cyprus, where we stood between the Greeks and Turks and prevented them from killing each other. The last was Bosnia, where we protected civilians of all three sides, from genocide. In none of these cases was there any benefit whatsoever to my country (Canada). There was no oil, no resources, no industry to speak of. We went becasue we were asked, and we were needed. The OP served in Afghanistan with the Australian army. There is no benefit for Oz in being there either. The reason his country, and mine have forces there, is for the following reasons: Women who vote, have their fingers cut off. Little girls are punished for the crime of going to school by having acid thrown in their faces. Women who are raped, are killed after...because they allowed themselves to be raped. And becasue teenaged boys are conned into wearing suicide vests and blowing up countless innocent people. If you think this is moronic of us to try and stop, really, I can only pity you. Yes, people like myself, and the OP put ourselves into harms way, but no greater love hath he then that lay down his life for his brother. I have not served in Afghanistan...too old now. But I honour and respect the OP for doing what I can no longer do. He isnt a moron.

annoyingbrother 0

120# You obviously are a selfish prick who hates their country

Oh wow :| that is actually terrible. As are some of the comments on here >:[ just because you don't agree with the war, doesn't mean you have to be so disrespectful to people that are fighting for their country. As far as the old lady goes, what she did was terrible, especially during and infront of the service. Much respect to the OP for fighting for what they believe in

Since when is war over resources a bad thing? Resources such as oil, food, land, water and sweet sweet stem cells. I'm an American and I will not rest until all muslim cockroaches are dead or dying, and not a precious drop of black gold remains in that festering shit hole.

Yeah, I feel you. Everybody has the idea that vets are 60 year old men. Most of us aren't anymore. You're by far not the only one this has happened to.

muzician 0

Thanks for serving your country! God bless!

yeahiknow0 0

Also arranged marriages are part of the islamic culture. Nobody can stop them it's really stupid

yeahiknow0 0

Steevy831 you obviously don't know anything about islam you ******* idiot. Get ur facts straight about muslims before you go hating and calling them cockroaches. Die in hell.