By Danners88 - 11/11/2009 04:36 - Australia

Today, I was at a Remembrance Day service when an old widow told me I had my "grandad's" medals on the wrong side of my coat. I told her that I was an Afghanistan veteran and that they were mine. She then berated me in front of the WHOLE service for "lying". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Horde 8

Give the bitch a hand grenade to play with

disrespectful bitch. My cousin served in Afghanistan for the Canadian Army. Today we remember all who have fought & died in their country's honour. may they rest in peace. and I hope that lady get's what she deserves. HOORAH!

Comments

Not only does Canada have an army, we also have a navy and an air force. Google "Vimy Ridge" for some information on what Canadians did to aid in the creation of Remembrance day. My grandfather (Canadian) fought in WWII in the air force and there are Canadians over in the middle east right now. But I do suppose your country fought for your right to be ignorant if you choose.

Canada lost over 60,000 men in WWI. Yes, it has an army. It just doesn't cause news worthy scenes.

#33, don't forget WWI and the Korean War, and the Cold War/nuclear arms race. #28, the Canadian army has a long history in fighting in major wars and going on peacekeeping missions. Just because we don't invade other countries to steal their oil and dispose of their leaders doesn't mean we don't have an army.

tutlens 0

Way I understand it, Canada has one of the most advanced armed forces in the world. I don't know if it's true, but I believe it. Remember Katrina? Canadian rescue workers were there before American!

Byrnevictim 0

78 I can't even fathom how completely ******* stupid you are, or who would sell you that line of bullshit.

tutlens 0

Oh, please, fathom. Irony = lost?

Xader 0

Not only do they have and army, but these badasses are in it! http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/lumberjack-commandos.jpg (That is CADPAT on the helmet, isn't it?)

They look to be Assault Pioneers...the beard says so anyways.

that's what a Canadian said, eh? whatcha gonna do? send those guys on horses after me? yeah, Americans are ALL ignorant. did Albert Einstein go to Canada when he fled the Nazis? NO Did Iran kidnap Canadians and kill them in the streets for sport? NO Does Canada have anything comparable to our democratic leadership? NO Are you smart? NO and you can't troll me, eh?

what? wrong thing there PAL...Canadians just sat back, ate seal and said "poor Americans eh?"

78 no you just sit on your moronic arses, say "eh were helping the Americans fight al qaeda eh?" and do nothing. we don't steal oil, at least not as a motivation to invade countries. if we had seals here would you invade us? at least we can fight, you sissies

Brendan3693, **** you. you're a ******* ******, Canada has one of the worlds GREATEST armies. just because we don't invade countries for ***** and gigs and start wars doesnt mean we dont have a good military. we're peacekeepers, we don't just show up in places like Iraq or Iran and start a war for no reason. we are sent to places in a non-combat role.

joethebiden 8

FYL? More like FHL. Hopefully most people there were a lot less senile than she was, and she must have ended up getting the dirty looks by disrespecting a veteran on this day.

So? There are probably enough people in the room who knew the old bag was full of crap. Besides that, I'd suspect that plenty of people in the room were pissed that she dishonored the services by her little tirade. Be nice and take it like a man.

wow wouldn't worry about it the lady was prob senile thanks for serving

Take no notice of it. If she wants to be a total bitch, let her do that, she has no proof to make a valid accusation that you were lying. Also, most of the congregation probably disliked her too, due to her ruining the silence or lectures due to her bitchy immaturity. At the end of the day, there is no need to even explain this to anyone: she ruined the ceremony with futile blabbering, and accused you without evidence.

ericalew_xo 0

What a bitch. Well, even if she wants to be disrespectful to you, I thank you for your services. I love the US military. Thank you so much for everything you've done. Happy veterans day!

She is probably has senile dementia or Alzheimer's, so don't let it get to you.

Peacemaker9 7

Alright dude way to serve for ur country but I second #1 with what they said stupid bitch should be shot in the dome........BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!