By Danners88 - 11/11/2009 04:36 - Australia

Today, I was at a Remembrance Day service when an old widow told me I had my "grandad's" medals on the wrong side of my coat. I told her that I was an Afghanistan veteran and that they were mine. She then berated me in front of the WHOLE service for "lying". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Horde 8

Give the bitch a hand grenade to play with

disrespectful bitch. My cousin served in Afghanistan for the Canadian Army. Today we remember all who have fought & died in their country's honour. may they rest in peace. and I hope that lady get's what she deserves. HOORAH!

Comments

**** her life, for being disrespectful to a war veteran. Hope you are okay, you should have politely explained that you are a veteran for THIS Afghan war, not the previous one. ;) Also, #56, you can't stop arranged marriages from happening just because you invade the country. The more you try to stop people from their culture and traditions, you will find that they cling to them. And it's not the fathers who arrange these marriages, it's the mothers. In most cases. The father is the enforcer. In Canada, there are still people who adhere by arranged marriages, from different backgrounds. There is nothing to stop this at all. In some cases, it is the same as using an online matchmaking service: the couple dates for a few months till they marry. In some cases, it is more forceful, but so far not that many have tried to stop this from happening. Sad, but true.

Canada definitely has an army. It's just smaller because it's volunteer based as opposed to Israel's which is conscription based.

Your Ex is talking out his hat. It is not and has never been called a peace force, ever. It is the army madam, and this army defeated yours when your country invaded us....twice. We have also done more of the heavy lifting in Afghanistan than any other army. Stop watching Fox Noise, propaganda is not information, or history.

x805xUnknown 6

Maybe the old bitch died tonight... It would be her YDI

Dunno if this is the same everywhere, but I know some people wear medals on the opposite side if they belonged to a family member/ancestor rather than the person themself. So it's possible it is true and the woman thought that he was wearing an ancestor's medals on the wrong side, as I believe was said in the original post?

In Canada (and some other Commonwealth nations), you wear your own gongs on the left breast, but many also wear their fathers/grandfathers gongs on the right breast as a show of respect. What I do is wear mine on the left, and my dads (WWII) and granddads (WWI) on the right on the inside of my jacket....no one needs to see em, so I don't display em.

Xader 0

hmm....good info. I had no idea. Thanks for the education headboarder and bookman!

thats shit bro. the fact that she called you a liar in front of the service is the highest disrespect to you as a soldier and a person. whatever her history is, war widow or whatever, she, nobody for that matter, has the right to question some one after making a claim like that. im an aussie soldier and integrity is one of the main things i pride myself on

BlackGasoline 0

YDI for being in the military at all.

you're. a. bitch. as it is so commonly stated in modern culture: nuff said

princessjane 0

**** YOU #112. "YDI for being in the military at all." How rude and disgusting of a person are you that you would say that about those who serve our country to keep us safe. My own brother just returned from iraq and I have never been so proud of him. I'm sorry for those who have lost love because of wars, and I apologize for being so profane with my language, but how dare you wake up in the morning, and walk outside and still say YDI. You wouldn't have an outside to walk to, you'd either be dead or enslaved if it wasn't for our braved military fighters. So, in conclusion, **** you 112. And because their comments were removed, I feel like I should also throw a **** you to 49 & 50. Disgraces to society.