Unapproving

By Anonymous - 27/06/2015 18:56 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, as I kissed my husband after our wedding vows, my mother-in-law muttered "Slut." loudly from the front row. Everyone heard her, but kept smiling and pretended to be oblivious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 004
You deserved it 2 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This actually makes things a lot easier; at least now everyone knows she's a huge bitch. :^)

Good. The best way to treat those who are inconsiderate and insulting is to simply ignore them. They don't get the satisfaction of creating a scene or receiving the attention they so desperately desire.

Comments

Ihavegas 22

This actually makes things a lot easier; at least now everyone knows she's a huge bitch. :^)

Valid point, but it's actually more of an FML for the op and a YDI for the mother-in-law

Yeah that's what I meant, but I guess I wasn't careful in wording. Thanks for pointing it out, I edited my post since then! D:

Good. The best way to treat those who are inconsiderate and insulting is to simply ignore them. They don't get the satisfaction of creating a scene or receiving the attention they so desperately desire.

mimirawr14 17

So deny her her the grandkids for being a bitch?? So in that case I should deny my kids their father because he is a asshole.

#41 First of all, the two situations you're comparing are substantially different. Secondly, if my mother were to mistreat my wife or disrespect her in any way, I would definitely think twice before dropping our children off with her. If she's willing to disregard my wife's feelings during our WEDDING, what makes you think she won't talk shit about her to our children? I don't want our kids in that kind of environment. So yes, I would definitely consider keeping our kids away from their grandma if she was a disrespectful bat.

#41 You write on your profile that "I'm a happily married women" but then state your husband is an asshole. I know both are not mutually exclusive, but are you really happy being married to an asshole?

BlockOfRedStone 25

She might have been speaking hypothetically.

True, or the kids' father is really an asshole but the husband is another man. Hadn't thought of those options at the time.

#62 don't be an asshole and bring up someone's personal life, that's a pathetic excuse to argue with someone, just don't. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, challenge it in a respectful and knowing manner. I personally don't agree that you should forgive and forget everything because someone is family, but it's not my life nor decision to make. Lay off.

tantanpanda 26

#72, when someone's being a hypocrite, no one's gonna "lay off". nobody has to conform to your beliefs either

Conform to my beliefs? Seriously? I just said don't be a total asshole, I'm pretty sure that's a general attitude of everyone. Geez you go out of your way to perpetrate me as a dictator for defending someone, you have issues lmao

#80 Technically speaking, everyone's an asshole to a certain degree. Please don't be one of those people whose hypocritical head is stuck up their hypothetical asshole of a personality.

Strange_Ninja 13

Wow... Just wow. Good luck trying to deal with her in your family now OP. :/

_taylorharper_ 18

That's a mother in law for you..

Good, I am glad everyone ignored a remark from a immature, uncouth women who clearly cannot even get with the program. Good for you for inviting her, since I am sure she has done this before. Best of wishes for your marriage.