By airborne - 06/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I saw someone drive recklessly as if they were drunk. When I called the cops, I got pulled over by another cop for talking on my cell phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 159
You deserved it 17 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I'm sure if you explain to the judge they should drop the ticket or at least the fee partially.

Leptailurus 0

As much as I hate when people talk on their cell phones while driving, I have to admit that billboard is horribly misleading in that case. I agree, FYL.

Comments

Did you explain the situation? You were doing the right thing.

liveitlearnit 0

You should be able to plead not guilty to that and explain what happened to a judge for at least a partial reduction.

I agree with other people. Try and fight it. You were reporting a drunk driver like the billboard said. It's bullshit that you got pulled over and received a ticket (though I, too, hate it when people talk on their phones while driving).

TO HELP YOU: Contest the ticket in court using the defense "Mistake of fact," and you will be let off free :)

I'd just ignore it next time, do you really think the cops would want to scope out the road for someone who MIGHT be intoxicated? You're cuttin into their valuable dunkin' donuts time! If they planned that, it's actually pretty ingenius, if they gave you a ticket there must be a cellphone law in your state that you should know about, and they put in a billboard telling you to report people on the phone, what a great way to create some revenue :P I guess the moral of the story is...Stop Snitchin!

carelisma 0

Psh. All of you saying that the cop should have pulled over the other driver... How do you know that the other driver was still around? Maybe as soon as he got on the phone, the other driver turned off on a side road and then the cop pulled onto the road. Shit happens. FYL

ryryo2 0

thats what you get for being a nark. life lesson learned.

whatev5297 0

that didnt happen because talking on your phone is a secondary offense and you cant be stopped solely for talking on your phone

TheDudeNamedJay 0

That is what you get for being a snitch... I hope you have to pay the fine plus some...