By Anonymous - 23/12/2012 17:52 - United States - Bel Air

Today, I received a package from a local guy on Craigslist. Instead of the iPhone I paid $350 for, the box only contained a photo of an iPhone. The guy had been dumb enough to attach a return address, so my husband went over and beat the shit out of him. I now have to bail him out of jail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 060
You deserved it 13 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

holyshitbatman 20

you DO realize when shit like that happens you contact the local police and your money will be refunded AND with such a large amount the seller risks jail time

KVKdragon 26

This is why calling the police to solve your problem is better than pointless payback via violence. That's for after you get a refund ;)

Comments

Sometimes you just need to let the judicial system take care of it. Now your going to have to deal with charges for battery, and that can come with some serious time in jail. FYI pay for a good attorney you'll be better off.

uhh... if he lived close enough to go beat the shit out of, and you spent 350, why the actual **** didn't you go pick up the "iPhone"? seems like you're the dumbass for not taking proper precautions.

I was just about to type that same question. Why not just go over if it's close enough to beat him up. I smell a very fake FML post. Someone just wants to sound hardcore. Loser.

gadgetmaster 10

Craigslist deals are shady. Never trust anything to be mailed. In person and cash. Or PayPal.

When the 100th Grey Cup hit Toronto recently, there were warnings going out about people on kijiji/Craigslist about people selling 'tickets' for hundreds of dollars... however, the fine print read that they were actually parking tickets, not the actual seating ticket. Sorry OP! Hope everything turns out ok.

Funny how you call the seller dumb when you're the one that paid someone on CRAIGSLIST to -send- you an iPhone. Sorry, but you're the only real dumb one here.

White_like_dat 3

Stick to sexual encounters when it comes to Craigslist....

awalker2782 5

For 350 you could have gotten on from a legit store

OP deserves it for not buying off craigslist in person. Her husband should have first scared the guy and got the money back. Also, how can OP be so sure the guy put the right return addresss? I mean, if I was doing the fraud I would put the wrong return address. Most likely the wrong person got beat up.

I would be thankful for a husband who'd do that for me. And the dude who sent you that should be in jail too.