By Anonymous - 23/12/2012 17:52 - United States - Bel Air

Today, I received a package from a local guy on Craigslist. Instead of the iPhone I paid $350 for, the box only contained a photo of an iPhone. The guy had been dumb enough to attach a return address, so my husband went over and beat the shit out of him. I now have to bail him out of jail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 060
You deserved it 13 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

holyshitbatman 20

you DO realize when shit like that happens you contact the local police and your money will be refunded AND with such a large amount the seller risks jail time

KVKdragon 26

This is why calling the police to solve your problem is better than pointless payback via violence. That's for after you get a refund ;)

Comments

If he was a local, then why would you even use PayPal/electronic method to pay? It was ur fault to begin with. P.S - 98 said what I wanted to!

I can't decide. FYL cause I doubt you saw it coming but major YDI for buying from a more or less reliable site with strangers. If you want something that expensive go to a professional store where you can buy the item, be insured that you can get a refund and if needed, a warranty. Don't be stupid.

This is why craigslist deals should only be completed in person, in a public place, and cash transactions only. My only exception was a computer I sold and had them come to my house. I had someone present with me at the time just in case.

leahmae88 7

You bought something over Craigslist...what did you really expect?

I can't believe there are people dumb enough to fall for those scams.

blackvyper 8

Apple will be selling pictures of iphones soon enough. Right after they sue Polaroid and Kodak for copyright infringement.

Markg1994 0

He should not have been put in jail. The prick deserved to have the shit beaten out of him. What the ****'s wrong with our law enforcement?! Seriously.

He did the right thing. I mean, $350 for a photo seems a little too much.

yourmofo 6

You probably could of got your money back in small claims court, but that would mean time off work. I think beating that guy's ass is a better deal. Will he do it again? Probably not. Some people have a need to get their ass stomped.

whatever happens to good old street justice? police are crime fighters not babysitters.