Stunlocked

By RoyBoy - 26/07/2021 18:01

Today, a stranger asked to borrow my phone since his had died. As he was using it, he kept walking away and I had to chase him because he was walking too far. He turned around, yelled, "Stop following me, asshole!" and punched me, knocking me out cold. When I came to, I realized the fucker stole my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 993
You deserved it 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Street smarts 101: When someone asks to use your phone, set strict limitations where you only allow speaker, not for the stranger to hold. If the stranger dosen't agree to it, leave them. If they do, tightly grasp your phone from top and bottom. Never hand your belongings to a stranger to hold. Ever.

randybryant799 20

I'm sorry but handing your phone over to a stranger was not a smart move.

Comments

Street smarts 101: When someone asks to use your phone, set strict limitations where you only allow speaker, not for the stranger to hold. If the stranger dosen't agree to it, leave them. If they do, tightly grasp your phone from top and bottom. Never hand your belongings to a stranger to hold. Ever.

randybryant799 20

I'm sorry but handing your phone over to a stranger was not a smart move.

This is the perfect time for my catchphrase with strangers, "No speaky the English-y!"

bleachedraven 14

I wouldn't say you deserved it, butt it could have been prevented...so maybe you do deserve it 🤣

Xatraris 38

Sister got her phone stolen that way years ago when she was in high school. It was other kids who did it so they ran when they got it instead of just walking. I had an older man ask once and I used to work near the area. There was a spot in the store where you could make outgoing calls, just ask an associate. Got aggressive with me when I went to get in my car. He backed off once he realized he was going to get stabbed because I always keep my knife with me for safety. Don't ever hand over the phone and sometimes be ready for a fight.

Surely you know about how much a smart phone costs (replacement cost, not the discounted one time price from your cellular service plan) - Would you hand a stranger that much cash? I never loan my phone to anyone under any circumstances. If it’s an emergency I would call 911 for them. Make this a learning experience - Never loan out your phone or your car. By the way if someone says their phone is dead just say “show me” and look at the battery life. Someone tried something like that on me once and when I said “show me” they backtracked and said they didn’t have the phone with them. I sure as hell didn’t loan them my phone! By the way, I hope you have reported this to the police - It’s robbery, assault, and battery and that’s serious!