By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

xGraycloud 4

My niece is going through similar circumstances. The best thing to do, like many have suggested, is to edit your list of friends -or- close your Facebook account. Suicide should NEVER be an option. I lost my brother that way just a few weeks ago. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

ulicksam 0

You must be a crying attention ***** all the time. YDI.

Arschloch04 0
zSapphire15 0

Well facebook isn't really. something to say thing like that… :P

adelei 0

Clearly some of these people have never been depressed before, especially for long periods of time. You can't just go to the doctor and get happy pills to rid yourself of depression. Its usually something about yourself or your life that persists daily that is not easy to remedy or fix. Therapists help some people, but they don't help all people. In reality, therapists are trying to help you help yourself, but its difficult to get a depressed person motivated, when they can't even find joy in the things that once made them happy. It takes great inner strength to overcome depression, and it doesn't fix itself right away. So when someone, who would otherwise be suffering in silence, comes out and admits that they need a friend or loved one to talk to, the last thing they need is someone to tell them to go kill themselves. Facebook is a social network used to communicate freely and conveniently with your friends and family. But fine, go ahead and post your normal meaningless crap, like what you're eating for breakfast or what mall you're shopping at today. If you'd rather we just pretend we have no issues in our lives, then maybe you aren't open or close enough to be my friend on Facebook. That is all.

Tha_Jocka44 0

don't kill yourself if anything talk to me. Gabe Ryan Stamford ct. just do not do it.

misfitgirl19 0

there are some pretty rude ppl on here ,id say delete the ppl that said that

sims715 0

why can't everyone just be sweet so we can all live on a rainbow?