By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

Would you walk into the middle of a hall filled with everyone you know and broadcast "I'M REALLY DEPRESSED AND NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO"? Cos that's pretty much exactly what you did.

a hall full of ppl you know? cause idk about u but my facebook only has my friends and family on it, I think it's ok to yell in a hall of friends tht your depressed and need some1 to talk 2...

oh hell misread your post, but yea, I think it's ok to walk into a hall of everyone a know and say I'm depressed and would like to talk to some1...

Fair point about asking your friends and/or family for help if you need it, but it appears the OP didn't populate their contacts exclusively with friends or it's safe to assume they wouldn't have posted what they did. It also smacks a bit of them using FB for this more than once. I'd suggest there are a lot of other more constructive avenues to ask for help. FYI most people hate reading about people moaning about stuff on the newsfeed.

Krackerjack550 3

Well, these "Everyone pity poor me"-status updates are pretty damn annoying. If you're down, call a close friend. Don't spam it over the internet. Time and place, kiddo, time and place.

benjimm1 0

haha u deserved that, I've known u for 3 secs and can tell ur a pussy. don't kill urself tho, according to the bible everything and everyone has a purpose, god does not make mistakes

maybe his purpose was to kill himself so that all the people that liked the status feel bad

0opsie 6

They shouldn't have told you to kill yourself, that's just horrible; but you don't seemed well-liked by your friends anyway. Maybe you should take a look at your own personality and see what needs fixing because they might be trying to tell yo something.

Alli2011hope 0

You don't deserve that....I know how it is to have depression and people just don't understand! :( u have a role in life..don't listen to those f**k heads.

deideimuffins 0

someone should put that on failbook

dude, thats just horrible. I made a fml account just to tell you this mkay? not long ago an israeli teenager killed himself just because everyone liked a comment on his depressed status. just don't listen to them. okay? >.