By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

IneffableLullaby 13

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :p Seriously though, I would suggest finding at least one person you can count on to help you through whatever problems you face in life, whether it's a best friend or a psychologist. Best of luck, OP! :)

YDI for friending people who aren't really your friends. Just yesterday I posted on my facebook that I was depressed. One responded with a hug message and another sent me a video to cheer me up.

krizleykrislo 4

Dear OP: Here's the thing about being human- nobody wants to hear about anybody elses problems. It makes people uncomfortable and irritated when somebody openly admits that they're depressed, and the result is that everybody turns away from you instead of trying to help. Confide in close friends instead of wearing your heart on your sleeve. And don't worry about the assholes, they can't help it.

I'm glad that when you were feeling down and looking for companionship you turned to the most personal form of communication: Facebook.

strawberrybanana_fml 1

I would block everyone that liked it. Assuming, that they arent joking.

x_missystaceey 0

wow... no its not "cruel and inhumane" to tell somekne to kill themselves, Ive been depressed, and anyone who bitches on their facebook status IS fishing for attention.. when Im depressed I still see the happiest people with the most friends in the whole school bitching about their lives. there are times I have no friends and I never say a word about it to anyone, if you feel the need to try pulling pity from everyone, by all means, curl up in a hole and you know the rest.

adelei 0

There's nothing wrong with seeking support from your friends and family, because that's what friends and family do, they help each other out. No one should be encouraged to go it alone. People that are merely acquaintances on FB can choose to ignore it and not reply, the post probably wasn't meant for them anyway. Their pettiness and sarcasm was, at the very least, unbecoming and foolish. I've been depressed my entire life, possibly from the large arachnoid cyst in my brain, genetics, or a rough life.. who knows? When I go into panic attacks, I get suicidal because I enter a state of horrible, chaotic despair. But I don't want to commit suicide, so I'd rather admit my pain to my loved ones than hurt them by killing myself. No doctor or therapist has helped more than the love of my friends and family. I find it easier mention my problem on Facebook because they can choose whether or not to get involved. And it's a post, so they can come back to it when its convenient for them... instead of me calling them at work, during dinner, or some other event.

Maravilla4 1

Hahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!! Too funny