By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

What is unfortunate about this day and age is people are losing a sense of what's appropriate. You are using Facebook as a cry for help, but people are now so callous, they taunt you. There have been several recent suicides by people who posted stuff on Facebook that went ignored and their "friends" just taunted and teased. If you are seriously down, you shouldn't be using texting and Facebook as a means to reach out. I hope you find answers to what has you down, but using FB and these digital tools does NOT bring people closer together. It's an artificial closeness.

You're probably one of those scene emo people who have over 700 friends, most of whom you don't even know.

sims715 0

don't worry I don't think anyone new WHO they were talking about...

kels_409 0

You should get a dog. I hear petting them makes you feel better. Besides Facebook isn't the place the post things like that...sure your friends shouldn't have said that or liked it, but if they did ask what was wrong would you really want to explain it over Facebook? geez it's just dumb!

It's been shown in many studies that people who are more isolated from society are more likely to commit suicide. So MAYBE you should get your FAT ASS off your computer chair and go FIND some FRIENDS!!! YDI.

Wow, you're just as bad as the person posting a comment on the Facebook status. Sometimes it's not that easy just to "go out and make friends". Sometimes they have issues which prevent them from going out and doing so; they may be autistic, they may have developmental disabilities, they may be extremely shy, or they may have any one of a number of phobias... any of those make sense. I know there are more reasons why people would avoid going out to meet people, too.

Just get off the chair and the Internet and go outside to breath in some fresh air. Take a walk somewhere. The world is beautiful out there, if you know where to look. :)

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

KB616 11

Jesus stop picking on every little thing! Who cares if OP said "dumb idiots". People on here act like they're so perfect. And OP, don't listen to those assholes on FB. People are heartless & love to kick you when you're down.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.