By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

While that was rude of that person to say, ydi for whining like a little bitch and expecting someone to care..

cupcakeyumzz 0

call up a friend & talk to them

zach055 23

Why are some people so mean? I am thankful that when I told someone that i was suicidal, they got me help. Thank you Joanna and Dan, you really saved my life.

Rand_fml 0

Why would ANYONE care about ANYTHING on the net???!! It's the Internet....forget it..

Everyone needs to shut up! Just because a person is depressed, doesn't mean their looking for attention! He was saying simply that he needs someone to talk to, and you think that's grounds for people, gives them a right to tell him to kill himself? Seriously? This is serious, not something to just joke about and call him even more names! What the hell are we coming to these days? Doesnt anyone have the tiniest amount of compassion in their hearts? You sit there, behind your damn computers bashing other people and tearing them apart! Tell me, how do you sleep at night? Saying things like this to people? How do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday knowing that your the worst kind of person there is? Im sorry for what happened to you man, thats just terrible, please be strong though.

sallen0046 4

If someone is so depressed that they feel it necessary to make it public knowledge, then they probably need to seek professional help. If they just want someone to talk to, then it is attention-seeking behavior. If you want or need to talk, pick up the phone and start calling people that actually care about you. It's highly unlikely that 20 of this person's "friends" would like such a rude, flippant comment if they weren't used to seeing such posts from them. True depression is a serious matter, but the problem is that far too many individuals claim that they're depressed when they're really just passive-aggressively looking for attention.

Sparkiee93 3

I know your type, feel bad for yourself all the time, practically demand attention from all your friends until you wind them down to your level, while expecting them to bring you up. Attention: THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. I guarantee that every single one of your friends have problems as big or bigger then yours, eventually they have to stop trying to pick you off your face since every time you fall face down you refuse to get up until someone picks you up. Everyone stumbles, feels sad sometimes, but you have to dust off your butt, get your mind on track and get your self respect back. ((Listen to that song I just quoted))

viewtcs 0

People talk so lightly of these things. No one realizes the severity of these situation. These people lack dept and common sense why they can say such things.

viewtcs 0

People talk so lightly of these things. No one realizes the severity of these situation. These people lack dept and common sense why they can say such things. Also, thing may seem awful now but it may not later. Now you know who are not your friends.

Well, sometimes people make jokes about it, becausr they can't come to terms with it themselves. I know I make stupid suicide jokes, just to ease the crippling pain and depression eating away at my soul.

Star4life 0

Don't listen to people they just talk shit cuz they're bored with their lives