By Zmeilerr - 15/01/2011 05:38 - United States

Today, I posted a status on Facebook saying I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Someone commented on it saying "Just kill yourself". It got 20 likes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 683
You deserved it 16 737

Zmeilerr tells us more.

Thank you guys for all the advice/comments. I think it was just a bunch of dumb idiots from my school just messing around, but nonetheless, I took it seriously. Again thanks.

Top comments

flipflipflipidel 0

Comments

Delete all these people. Ask a good friend or a professional for help.

Inspired22 11

The Victim Advocate I work for got a call out on New Year's eve about a suicide that took place because some unfortunate girl was on the edge, and her friend got angry with her and said "just kill yourself," so she did. It is not directly someone's fault if this happens, but suicide and depression are not joking matters. I don't care if people have a stereotype of an attention-seeker on facebook. We all know people like that. But do you really want to find out that someone listened to your advice and did kill themselves? Not funny. And no one deserves to be told they should kill themselves. Even if they fishing for attention, there is probably something serious going on in their lives that would cause them to seek that attention in the first place. OP, I am sorry. Please don't listen to that asinine comment. Let it reveal to you who your real friends aren't, for starters, and try a different approach to reaching out to some people who will be kinder to you. :-)

the problem today is all the attention ****** and dramma queens on the net saying that theyre depressed just to get someones reaction. they make it into a big joke that no one can take seriously anymore so when the time does comes when someones actually depressed and having suicidal thoughts we intinctively think its just another joker or attention seeker and say things like "go fk yourself attentionwhore" or "just kill yourself"

But there is a difference between thinking that it's a joke/attention seeking and actually saying something along those lines, or worse.

Even if it was a person just being an attention seeker, there's no need to tell them to "kill themselves" because you really don't know what's going on in their lives. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and people will stop spitting out "kill yourself" after everything that bores/annoys them.

It's pretty much like the boy who cried wolf. No one takes it seriously anymore, ESPECIALLY if it's broadcast to everyone on facebook and really, if it's on facebook, why should they?

totally agree, I pay attention everytime this happens. After all who knows if it's serious.

Identity99 1
sims715 0

what's your problem?! why would you say that.

wow that's freaking retarded. if op actually kill them selves over this YOU should kill yourself

WOW. clearly you're the one who has some issues. it's arrogant, inconsiderate people like yourself that need to learn a lesson.all those lectures about bullying and intimidation, they're directed to comments like the one you ignorantly posted. show some respect. p.s. karma's a bitch

I hope you werent telling that to the poster, because if you were, I hope you are ashamed of yourself, you dumb ****.

that sucks, but other people find it really annoying when a person whines on fb. next time you should just call a close friend

spanelli 16

YDI for being an attention *****, but FYL because you didn't deserve to have that said to you. People can be dicks. Talk to some close friends or get professional help. :)

With all due respect, Facebook probably does a lot in your life but it isn't therapy.

dont go blabbing stuff like that all over facebook. your being depressed is posted on the same news feed as someone whos eating a sandwich and has just taken a very relieving shit which is stuff that people think dont really matter so of course people will write ridiculous comments on it. either you write stuff like that often and people are sick of it or people just think youre being an annoying attention seeker which you most likely are

Top tip: Don't tell your problems to anyone, 80% of people don't care and the remaining 20% are glad you have them.

No just people that feel better about their life when hearing the problems of others.